Search for content in message boards

obituary lookup please for Cecil Robertson d. 1988

Replies: 4

Re: obituary lookup please for Cecil Robertson d. 1988

Posted: 15 Feb 2012 9:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hey Bee, guess I get to help you again. I think I posted some help info before on posting and the full information about the Social Security Death Index "Last Residence."

The Social Security Death Index:
Cecil R. Robertson, born June 9, 1897, died Nov 28, 1988 (91), "Last Residence" Glenns Ferry, Elmore Co, ID.
George Robertson, born 8 Feb 1897, died July 1975. "Last Residence:" Glenns Ferry, Elmore County, ID. His SSN: 518-09-3350 was issued in Idaho before 1951.

The World War I Draft Registration Card Image Database:
George F. Robertson, born Feb 8th 1897 in Montpelier (Bear Lake), ID, livin in Glenns Ferry, nearest relative George W. Robertson. He registered as required on June 5, 1918 at Mountain Home, ID

The 1930 Census of Glenns Ferry, Elmore Co, ID
George Robertson, age 33, born in Idaho to father born in Illinois, mother in Iowa, Assistant Cashier/Bank, Owned his home, owned a radio.
Cecil, age 32, born in Colorado to father born in Pennsylvania, mother in Ohio (The 1920 Census identifies both as being 22 years of age).
Edward D, 11 (The 1920 Census identifies he was 11/12 in age, it was enumerated in the 2nd/3rd Week of January, so he was born "about" February 1929.
Helen, 9
James T, 5, All children born in Idaho.

The World War II Draft Registration Card Image Database (The Old Man's Draft Registration).
George Frederick Robertson, living at Glenns Ferry, Elmore Co, born Feb 8, 1897 in Montpelier, ID.
"Name and Address of Person Who Will Always Know Your Address:" Mrs. Cecil R. Robertson, Glenns Ferry.
He was 5'-10" in height, 196 pounds, gray hair, blue eyes, ruddy complexion.

George and Cecil Romana Buffington were married in Moscow, Idaho, on 8 Sep 1918. In the 1910 Census she was living in Glenns Ferry with her parents Sim and Ellen

I found a family tree (Private information) owned by a KarenMcKellar28 having Cecil. I sent a message to the owner to read this thread.

It appears George and Cecil lived in Glenns Ferry their entire life. She "might" have gone to live with one of her children at the time of death; but, it would appear "logical" that the local town would here of her death. Obits are NOT automatic however, she was elderly, a lot of elderly do not have obituaries published. This is due to their own wishes, health, period of time in an area/or gone, wishes of the children due to financial concerns, etc.

I do not normally suggest a library contact, as most libraries are having financial problems and can not spare time for obit lookups. But, in this case, small town attitudes might ensure some aid.
The Glenns Ferry Library:
http://glennsferryidaho.org/library.htm

The Elmore County Historical Museum is a museum...
Those freepages at rootsweb that do obits usually don't work. If at first, they don't succeed, try, try, try...somewhere else.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
badenroots 26 Jan 2012 4:25PM GMT 
judyartley261... 13 Feb 2012 1:31AM GMT 
badenroots 13 Feb 2012 3:48AM GMT 
RBestrom7380 16 Feb 2012 4:56AM GMT 
badenroots 16 Feb 2012 11:50AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic