Search for content in message boards

William LcClede Coombs (1923 - 2012) Obituary

Replies: 0

William LcClede Coombs (1923 - 2012) Obituary

Posted: 10 Nov 2012 11:26AM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: Combs, Allen, Boxx, Murray
The Spectrum

I died November 7, 2012. I was born September 24, 1923 in beautiful Wayne county, Utah, the son of Titus W. and Blanche Etta Allen Coombs. The first year of my life, my parents took me to Thatcher, Idaho where my father would take over the operation of his father's farm. I grew up helping my father acquire considerable land in Thatcher. We were assisted in this endeavor by two sisters, Eileen Coombs Smith (Max-dec.), Evelyn Coombs Jensen-dec. (Veron-dec.) and brother David Coombs (LaRue). I had an infant sister Etta (dec.). I attended school in Thatcher graduating in 1941. I attended U.S.A.C. in Logan until 1944 when I volunteered for the draft. I entered the navy in December 1944. While in Jacksonville, Florida I met my wife, Margarett Kathleen Boxx and we married on March 9, 1946. After my discharge as a Petty Officer 3rd Class, we moved to Idaho where we made our home and I was involved in farming for many years as well as working at a Phosphate Plant. From this union were 7 children: Kathleen (Steve Wright), Sharon Blake, William S. (Joan), Kenneth A. (Bonnie), Ronald W. (Carla), Evan B. (Maureen), and Loretta Byington. Kathleen passed away in 1976.

I married Deanna Murray on October 2, 1978. From this union came one child, Miekaella Dee (dec.). I was involved in Real Estate for a few years in the Ogden, Provo and St. George area. I have lived in beautiful St. George, Utah for 32 years and enjoyed the area. I retired in 2000. I have been a faithful member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints serving in several different positions of responsibility and have always been a member of the choir. I have loved music and singing, participating in quartets and other groups through the years. I have always enjoyed sports and been a faithful BYU and JAZZ fan.

I have been blessed with great children and grandchildren, good friends and family during my lifetime. I am at peace in my death. I am survived by my wife, Deanna, 7 children; 39 grandchildren and 44 (and counting) great-grandchildren, one sister and brother, two brother-in-laws and one sister-in-law. I was preceded in death by my daughter, Miekaella..

Funeral services will be held on Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:00 a.m. at the Green Valley LDS 4th Ward Chapel, 124 North Valley View Dr., St. George, UT. Visitations will be held on Monday, November 12, from 6:30 to 8:00 p.m. at Metcalf Mortuary, 288 West St. George Blvd., and on Tuesday, from 9:00 to 9:45 a.m. prior to services at the Chapel. Interment will be on Wednesday at 1:00 p.m. with Military Honors in Thatcher, Idaho. Arrangements entrusted to the care of Metcalf Mortuary, (435) 673-4221. Please visit our website at www.metcalfmortuary.com for condolences, complete obituary and funeral listings.

Published in The Spectrum & Daily News from November 10 to November 11, 2012

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions