HOGAN in Emmett, Gem, Idaho in 1900's

Replies: 2

HOGAN in Emmett, Gem, Idaho in 1900's

Posted: 20 Jul 2011 11:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: HOGAN
Good Day,

I am hoping someone can help me.

I have confirmed my maternal grandmother's family up to a certain point through careful examination of census records. When I took to the internet, I came across the following listing for the name of my grandmother's father's parents names. I have found a conflict and am hoping someone can give me reason to believe that the information provided is correct.

My grandmother = Joanne G. HOGAN (b. 16 Dec 1931 - )

Her Parents (From internet site & confirmation from my grandmother) = Wanda Dowdle KINGSFORD (Etheland DOWDLE , Robert Hughes DOWDLE , Robert DOWDLE , James DOWDLE , Robert , Sr DOWDLE , John)

Wanda married Louis Clarence HOGAN, son of Dean HOGAN and Annie GURBER (my grandmother does not remember his parents names for sure. Without telling her the options, she mentioned that she thought Annie was correct - so in the case listed here or the one below, I am more confident that Annie is correct, but not as confident that Dean is correct.)

They had the following children (all correctly identified by my grandmother):

1985 F i Joan Gaelia HOGAN
1986 F ii Barbara Lou HOGAN
1987 F iii Louis Kay HOGAN

Everything listed above is correct EXCEPT for the parents of Louis Clarence HOGAN. My understanding (based on census records) is that his parents names were:

F: Lewis E. HOGAN
M: Anna/Annie B/Annabel

I have not been able to find a connection to a Dean HOGAN and an Annabel GURBER.

Essentially, I am at my brick wall with this line of the family. I can not find Lewis E. HOGAN's parents nor can I find a marriage record that will give me Anna/Annie B/Annabel's maiden name.

Any help you can provide or thoughts on where to go from here would be greatly appreciated.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Kristine_Reev... 21 Jul 2011 5:26AM GMT 
judyartley53 6 Aug 2011 4:37AM GMT 
Fletchers93 22 Oct 2011 10:40PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic