Search for content in message boards

EDSON pictures

Replies: 6

Re: EDSON pictures

Posted: 8 Sep 2010 4:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Edson's
Hi Marsha,

Dave and I spent a couple hours with Elizabeth yesterday. Her vision is so poor she could hardly see the pictures I copied that you sent. Unfortunately she did not recognize anyone of the first three you sent. Elizabeth's given name was actually Sarah Elizabeth Edson but father, David did not like the name Sarah, thus everyone has known her as Elizabeth. Anyway, I deciphered my notes from our visit enough to send you a couple of stories hopefully tomorrow or Friday as I have friends dinner tonight and sorority sisters job tomorrow afternoon. However, Dave did find a couple of pictures in his mothers box and I think I now know who they are of. As I said prior I have a new scanner so I'll try to scan them here and email them. Learned I can not fax without a landline. (Just gave that up two weeks ago) Anyway we will need to go through Margaret Moodies bucket of pictures to see if there are any more. Elizabeth said her sister (Margaret) got all the old pictures and since her father David Edson died when she was 17 she did not know much. She did say that David did not like his father much and so he went to Calif. at 18 yrs old to work on the railroad as a tie hack. Later he went to Oregon and worked logging in the timbers. Both Margaret and Elizabeth said their father was quite lean and tall, 6' 2"(Elizabeth) or 6' 4"(Margaret).

There is more to David's story but I must get ready for the evening dinner.

Hopefully my scans will work. First picture is of "A.J. (Albert) Edson, wife and daughter Nadine" per inscription on back. Elizabeth said Albert lived in the Pahsimeroi, ID. The second picture handwriting on back states "James Edson, (?) Dave please let us know as asoon as you get these pictures. Himmie is returning home from a visit to his old home. (signed?) Nettie Edson and Dave is written on bottom. Elizabeth thought Jim lived in Montana.

Hopefully, these will help some for now. Elizabeth did seem a little confused at times and a little tried but was very happy to share what she knew.

I hope this works. Good luck for now, I'll write later.

Helen
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Marsha Baker 22 Dec 2001 3:01AM GMT 
skidmoremoodi... 6 Sep 2010 12:55AM GMT 
Marsha Baker 6 Sep 2010 1:13AM GMT 
skidmoremoodi... 6 Sep 2010 8:24PM GMT 
wendy12u2 8 Sep 2010 10:46PM GMT 
Marsha Baker 9 Sep 2010 1:06AM GMT 
skidmoremoodi... 9 Sep 2010 3:48PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions