Search for content in message boards

Lewis E. [Luke] McMahon

Replies: 7

Re: Lewis E. [Luke] McMahon

Posted: 12 Jun 2010 12:37AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McMahon
mymy Ron you have been busy! I thank you!
This sounds like our Lewis. He never put his birth place the same in every census. He was orphaned at the age of 5 and there was no one to tell him facts of his birth or of his parents.
His wife in VA listed her self as "married" at the same time-when he said he was "divorced". The next census-he is single and she's widowed.
How sure are you that this is not our Lewis? We do know he went West and never returned. Fannie came out by buckboard to find him but failed so she returned to VA and never spoke of him again...In 1900 she is living alone. Sam, thier son, was indentured out as a servant to a family down the road at the age of 9. I heard the second son died as a small child, but we could never confirm this. The 1900 census said she had 2 children though in 1900..

He is in the MO census living with the family that bought his bond way back when he was a very young lad. He is listed sometimes as LUKE.
I think the boys,Lewis and his brother,James, both thought their father was born in Ireland and mother in Va.They were wrong on their father's birth place information-their grandparents were born in Ireland, but their father was born in PA. Lewis's brother has the same information listed of himself in 1880 Kansas census. The brothers were sent to different homes in different states. They had no one other living siblings.

Lewis's only brother lived in Kansas from childhood...then much later-moved to OK. Lewis E is never with/near him.

Some people have listed Lewis E. McMahon in their lines, but none, I have learned- have done any of their own research to get this information. It is all taken from what I have done on McMahon family. Some of this research I have shared with a few- others just put anything down that sounds good to them. I always include my sources.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Jac McMahon 20 Mar 2010 9:32PM GMT 
judyartley53 24 May 2010 2:43AM GMT 
Jac McMahon 27 May 2010 6:29AM GMT 
judyartley261... 8 Jun 2010 4:44AM GMT 
judyartley261... 8 Jun 2010 5:56AM GMT 
Jac McMahon 12 Jun 2010 1:02AM GMT 
RBestrom7380 11 Jun 2010 12:36AM GMT 
Jac McMahon 12 Jun 2010 6:37AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions