Search for content in message boards

looking for mother-in-law

Replies: 3

Re: looking for mother-in-law

Posted: 8 May 2011 1:15AM GMT
Classification: Query
Deborah. When you post, provide the criteria information concerning your person. In this case her date-of-birth, place of birth, etc. And, is there a reason you posted in Payette County, Idaho? There doesn't appear to be any connection to this message board and where Ruth and family lived.

Follows is information I located on these people. You may have all of it already.

Bottom Line First: Repost if you have her date-of-birth, why you believe she was last known to be in Boston and any source information. You should post on the Boston, Mass, boards (Suffolk, Middlesex Counties), if applicable. Also on the Spokane board.
--The random Acts of Genealogical Kindness has volunteers in Middlesex Co that can look in public records. READ the guidelines FIRST:

http://www.raogk.org/massachu2.htm , same for Suffolk.
BUT, first, if you haven't talk to Susan first about what she knows.

Research:

William J Whiting married Emma Rennels on 10 Oct 1887 in Nebraska.

The 1910 Census for Yocum, Stevens County, WA, enumerated 16 April.
William J Whiting, age 50(1859/1860), born in Utah to father born in England, mother in Canada, farmer/general farm, married 23 years.
Emma, 42(1867/1868), born in Iowa to both parents born in IA, mother of 7/6 living.
George M, 20(1879/1880), born in Iowa
Daisy I, 16(1893/1894), Nebraska
Harry L, 11(1898/1899), Washington
Willine J, 7(1902/1903), WA
Ruth, 5(1904/1905), WA.
---The 1910 Census for Spokane, Spokane County, enumerated 2 May
William Whiting, 50, born in Utah to both parents born in Utah
Emma, age 42, born in Missouri to both parents born in IA, mother of 10/7 living
Daisy, 16
Harry, 10
Willine, 6
Ruth, 3, (1906/1907)

The Washington Digital Archives shows a female born on 19 Jan 1902 to William J. Whiting and Emma Rennels in Spokane, Spokane County. This was child number eight to the mother. Mother born in Missouri, father in Salt Lake City, Utah. Image is available.
http://www.digitalarchives.wa.gov/default.aspx
There is also a birth of Ruth Ethel Whiting, born 1904 to C.J. Whiting and Sarah Glenn in Skagit County, WA. This is NOT the correct Ruth. I leave it in the record for elimination in the future.

The Bureau of Land Management has a database of land patents issued under the Homestead Act: http://www.glorecords.blm.gov/search/default.aspx#searchTabI...
It shows William J. Whiting obtained 159.2 acres of land in Pend Oreille County, WA on 9/29/1910. I can show you where it is located using online map information if you are interested.

William John Junior Whiting died 20 Mar 1910.

The World War I Draft Registration Card Image Database:
Harry Lester Whiting, born Oct 1st, 1899, living on Lost Creek, Pend O'Reille County, WN. Occupation: Sawyer. Nearest Relative: Mrs. Emma R. Whiting, Lost Creek. Registered on 9/12/1918, the last WWI draft. He was tall, slender, blue eyes, brown hair.

The 1920 Census for Lost Creek, Pend Oreille County, WA
Emma Whiting, age 48, born in Missouri to father born in Ohio, mother in Indiana, widow
Harry, 19, born in WA to both parents born in Missouri (same for siblings).
Willena, 16,
Ruth, 13(1906/1907)
Jean Marie, 8.
--The family names are the same, but age and place of birth of parents changed.

Harry Lester Whiting, died in Chiloquin, Oregon, 12 December 1985, age 86. Attended public schools in Spokane, graduated from the U of Idaho School of Forestry. Married to Mary Moreland, Sandpoint, ID, Aug 31, 1926. Worked for the US Forest Service, Department of Agriculture in WA, ID, OR, and MT, also worked with the Corps of Engineers in Alaska. ... ... Survivors include his wife; sisters Daisy Milspaugh(?) and Ruth Peterson, both Spokane. Interment in the Pine City Cemetery in Pine city, WA.

There was a Ruth Whiting, born 9 January 1905 in Holyoke, Massachusetts, died 26 Feb 1984, father: William Fairfield Whiting, mother Anne Harriet Chapin. She is an interesting character...But NOT the correct person. I don't know if you're "living in Boston" person is her, or if you have bonifide information YOUR Ruth was in Boston. I do find it strange that the correct person, living her life in Eastern Washington (Spokane, Stevens, Pend Oreille Counties) would leave GOD's Country for Boston.

Frank Peterson, born April 21, 1910, died June 27, 1976 in Spokane
Son, Peterson; daughter (Susan H...I verified the identity. Is Susan involved or knowledgable of your search for Ruth? If not, I'd seriously ask for input of information).

Your posting indicates they owned nursing homes in Seattle, did you mean Spokane? I was not able to access King County records due to weekend.

The Social Security Death Index:
Ruth E. Peterson, born 28 Feb 1903, died 27 Feb 1995 in Seattle.
There is insufficient information to determine if this is the correct person, You may have her correct date of birth, which would prove or disprove this person.

The Spokane County Assessor/Recorder first show a Frank and Ruth Peterson when they recorded a deed on 8/6/1947. NO PROOF OF IDENTITY.
--In 1951, a deed is recorded in the name of Ruth E and Joseph F Peterson(I don't know if this is the same persons as above).
--On 02/05/1973, there is a Community Property Agreement between Frank Peterson and Ruth Eleanor Peterson.
--On 10/12/1982, there is a lien granted to Gary Lazzaro by Ruth E and Dan Peterson.
--On 12/21/1982, there is a Revocation filed by a Ruth Ellen Peterson, to Daniel F. Peterson... This identifies a second Ruth and Daniel living in Spokane Co.
--There were Pulliam names, but no indicators of a close enough name or connection to a Ruth.

Ron Bestrom
Tacoma, WA
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
deborah7559 17 Apr 2011 11:13PM GMT 
judyartley53 7 May 2011 11:42PM GMT 
RBestrom7380 8 May 2011 7:15AM GMT 
deborah7559 8 May 2011 5:58PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic