Search for content in message boards

Elda Alice Lish - Adoption

Replies: 1

Elda Alice Lish - Adoption

Posted: 4 Sep 2009 4:32AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lish, Ellis
I am looking for any information regarding my paternal great grandmother's parents. From what I have gathered thus far, she is most likely the adopted daughter of Henry Doctor and Emily Allen Lish. This is the background I have for for Elda:

-According to Census records from 1910, 1920, and 1930 she was born 1890-1892, in Utah.
-She would have most likely grown-up around Rockland, Idaho.
-In the 1910 US Census, her parents are listed as being born in the "United States".
-In the 1920 US Census, it lists her father as being born in England and her mother "United States".
-In the 1930 US Census, it lists her father being born in Colorado and her mother born in England.
-Elda married Wilson P Ellis in Rockland, Idaho, January 15, 1909; though, they filed for their marriage license in Custer County.
-I have birthdates and place of birth for both Henry Doctor Lish and Emily Allen Lish, which does not seem to coincide with them being Elda's biological parents.
-I have also found very detailed information on all of the Henry and Emily Lish children except for Elda, which also leads me to believe she was adopted.

If anyone has any information regarding Elda being adopted, any leads as to who her parents were, and the story behind it, I would be ever so grateful.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
zawlocki 4 Sep 2009 10:32AM GMT 
judyartley53 17 Oct 2009 3:04AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions