Search for content in message boards

Elberta or "Birdy/ Birdie" Dotson?

Replies: 4

Elberta or "Birdy/ Birdie" Dotson?

Posted: 31 Mar 2011 12:55AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello everyone. I hope you can help me solve a longstanding family mystery. We're looking for my father's birth-mother.

Family lore has it that my father Sandy Phillips was adopted from a woman named "Birdy" who, we believe, lived in the Spokane area. My great aunt Lillie Mae and her husband Gerald Hobson apparently knew Birdy and arranged for Lillie Mae's sister, Isabelle Phillips, to adopt Birdy's child. My father's adoptive parents paid for her hospitalization in Wallace ID to have the baby, and my dad was brought home to Arizona soon thereafter.

My dad recalls visiting Lillie Mae and Gerald Hobson in Wallace ID in the mid-60's. While eating at a restaurant, his mother pointed to a waitress with red hair and said, "that's your mother." He never introduced himself, however, and the family left without making contact.

We've also heard that Birdy moved back to Spokane and married someone. In researching old records, we've come across the name Elberta Dotson - we're assuming that this is her proper name.

Does any of this information ring a bell with anyone? We'd love to find out some information on "Birdy," just so we can know a bit more about hour heritage. Any leads you might be able to provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much...

Harold Phillips
Portland, OR
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jharoldphilli... 31 Mar 2011 6:55AM GMT 
judyartley53 7 May 2011 11:32PM GMT 
jharoldphilli... 8 May 2011 3:51AM GMT 
RBestrom7380 8 May 2011 7:23AM GMT 
jharoldphilli... 8 May 2011 4:19PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions