Search for content in message boards

Glen C. Pierson - Staff Sergeant

Replies: 0

Glen C. Pierson - Staff Sergeant

Posted: 23 Mar 2014 10:49AM GMT
Classification: Query
My name is René Bosma en I live in the little Dutch town of Oosterwolde.
Since 4 years I have been investigating the Air war over the Northern part of the
Netherlands. It is my main objective to gather as much information as possible
about the aircraft and the airmen which came down over the province of
Friesland during the Second World War. We consider it very important to keep
the memory of the Air war alive, especially the many flyers paid with their lives for our Freedom.

One of the American aircraft I researching is the B-24 41-23776 “Spirit of ‘76” of 44th bomb group. It make a crash near into the Harbour of the Dutch island of Terschelling. It was on the 27th of January 1943. It came back from a bombing mission on De Lemmer. This is a little harbour village in the north of The Netherlands. Lemmer was the Target of Opportunity for this mission.

Now I was searching on the internet to find some information about the crew of this B-24. En specific for Staff Sergeant Glen C. Pierson. Glen was the Left waist Gunner on this B-24 bomber. He was born on the 26st of February 1905 in Kansas. Who is parents were I don’t know. Glen was married to Mary Pierson en together with his 2 stepdaughter Bettie June Carman en Donna Patricia Pierson they life in 1930 at Wallace, Shoshone County, ID. Glen worked as a Carpenter. But something went wrong between Glen en Mary I think. Because the two daughter lived in 1940 with their grandmother Martha Kearney on Banks street 218 at Wallace. In 1940 Glen lives in his one at Murray, Shoshone County, ID en worked here as a miner.
At the 20st of March 1942 Glen assigned for the Army at Spokane, Washington.

After the war his body was reburied at Nine Mile Cemetery, Wallace, Shoshone County, ID.

I hope to find some relatives of Glen or someone who could help me with some additional information about him that’s not on ancestry.com.

René Bosma, Oosterwolde, The Netherlands
my email: rene_bosma21@hotmail.com

Find a board about a specific topic