Search for content in message boards

Valley County GenWeb site

Replies: 3

Valley County GenWeb site

Posted: 16 May 2009 10:05AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Carlson, Fulton, Kitchen, MacAskill, McConnel
Let me introduce myself, I'm Sharon McConnel, the Valley Co. volunteer coordinator as of May 10th, 2009. I've given the site a face-lift, added some new pages & some new links and corrected some broken links. This site is a collaborative effort of all us who have roots in this diverse county called "Valley." If you have anything you would like to share, please do not hesitate.

My own paternal grandfather Roy McConnel and his brothers homesteaded in High Valley, in the SW corner of Valley County. Grandfather Roy packed into Thunder Mountain during the rush. Roy's brother Jim at one time kept the Roseberry store. My father was born and raised in High Valley.

My grandmother's parents, the John Carlsons, kept a stage stop in High Valley. When I worked for the title company in Cascade in the mid-'70's I would still meet people who remembered the Carlson stage stop. My grandmother's sister and brother-in-law (Frances and Luther Fulton) kept one of the early stores in Lardo.

My maternal grandparents, the Dan MacAskills, spent their honeymoon months in Warren. Grandfather Dan and his nephews worked in Stibnite during its boom.

My father worked on the Cascade Dam construction, when the story was there were two lines every day - a line of men going to work and a second line, of men who had quit.

My other-half's grandparents, Nora & Carl Kitchen were part of the first Valley County government.

Do visit the up-dated site and feel free to share your family stories, links and comments.

http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~idvalley/

Finding our roots together.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
sharonmcconne... 16 May 2009 4:05PM GMT 
melina171 27 Oct 2009 2:36PM GMT 
sharonmcconne... 27 Oct 2009 3:59PM GMT 
melina171 28 Oct 2009 10:22PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic