Search for content in message boards

The Frontier Restaurant, Cambridge, Washington, Idaho

Replies: 3

Re: The Frontier Restaurant, Cambridge, Washington, Idaho

Posted: 7 Jun 2012 4:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
Jan, I am interested in both. My husband recently discovered at the age of 68 that he was adopted. His birth mother was Lilly Gigger Merrill, Lois' sister. My husband was born in Cambridge, ID but his birth certificate does not mention a hospital in Cambridge so we are trying to figure that out too. I can't believe there were too many hospitals there in 1943, but maybe he wasn't born in a hospital. Through the US directories online there was a reference to Lois working as a waitress at The Frontier so thought I would see if anyone had any information such as address for her and the restaurant. Is it still there? Am really trying to track down the birth father who we believe lived in Cambridge or near there during early 1940s. Lilly gave my husband up for adoption (we now have that paperwork) but there is no mention of a father. The man who adopted him (Frank Thrasher) owned some property there in early 40s and possibly met Lilly there. My husband's stepmother recently told him that she thought Frank (deceased) was his real father so I thought I would see if I could figure out where Lilly lived in late 1942 and early 1943 and also where Frank lived during that time period. This is probably like looking for a needle in a haystack but thought I would try.

We were told by Lilly's daughter that Lilly lived with Lois in Cambridge.

I hope I haven't confused you too much.
Thank you. Lori
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ljt8164 6 Jun 2012 6:55PM GMT 
arsmitty 7 Jun 2012 9:44PM GMT 
ljt8164 7 Jun 2012 10:16PM GMT 
arsmitty 9 Jun 2012 9:12PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic