Search for content in message boards

Re: Bureau Cemetery

Replies: 14

Re: Prostko ancestry

Noreen Prostko Allen (View posts)
Posted: 25 Sep 2001 5:44AM GMT
Classification: Query
Dear Kathy,
Here is what I know thus far. My gradmother was a graduate of Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore. She became a midwife and had an important career in Stowe Township- Pittsburgh,Pa. I was told she was the local medical provider and when she died, 101 cars were in the funeral procession.
My grandfather was Stanley (Stanislau?) and came to Baltimore as a polish Navy captain. He fell in love with my grandmother and they moved to Pittsburgh. He worked in the steel mill. They had several children- the ones I know are Howard, Ed, Lee, Ted (my Dad), Fred, Irene and Emma. This was a proud Polish family. Howard Prostko had a funeral business in McKees Rocks. His wife was Pearl, and they had several kids- Howard Jr, Tommy, Bernie,Vinny and a daughter.(name?)
My Dad married Catherine Brennan (1952)and I have one sister.(Her mother was Mary Prostko- died in 1943-44). We also were a proud Polish family. My sister is Mary Patricia Prostko Kesterson. My Dad was an infantry sargent in WWII and was awarded the Bronze metal and a purple heart.
All the Prostko's I have known have been exceptionally caring people- many in the medical fields. I am proud to have the name.
I am not positive of my grandmother's first name. Please share any info you can- this is valuable to all of us.
I am married to Tim Allen from Pittsburgh. We have 3 adult children- Jessie, Melinda, and Jimmy.
Hope to hear more about the Prostko's.
Noreen
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
kmuellerr 5 Aug 2001 12:20AM GMT 
Kathy Heath 24 Aug 2001 11:16PM GMT 
kmuellerr 26 Aug 2001 10:48PM GMT 
Kathy 3 Sep 2001 12:57PM GMT 
kmuellerr 3 Sep 2001 11:02PM GMT 
noreenallen53 24 Sep 2001 11:51AM GMT 
KathleenMuell... 25 Sep 2001 12:29AM GMT 
Noreen Prostko Allen 25 Sep 2001 11:44AM GMT 
noreenallen53 1 Feb 2002 12:29PM GMT