DOUGLAS STEPHEN A. BISHOP

Replies: 5

Re: DOUGLAS STEPHEN A. BISHOP

Posted: 16 Jun 2013 9:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Jun 2013 9:29PM GMT
Surnames: Bishop
Hi Ron,

I would very much like to share info with you. And boy do we have some changes to make on our tree. As it turns out, our Bishop's are not German after all. They did not come out of Lancaster Co., Pa. but from Chester Co., PA.
There are a few of us; Bill Yates; Mary Helen Haines and myself and maybe some others have been doing some research on the latest. It all started when someone brought up DNA. Said we were not German but English, but I was holding out to the bitter end, because I had tracked that German family all the way back to Germany and Switzerland and I was not about to see all my hard work go to waste. However, Mary Helen who is an ex History teacher and probably a much better at reaearching than I am. Besides, I have been sick lately and I can't always get myself going.
Bill Yates is good at researching too. He went to Salt Lake a couple of weeks ago and spent 2 weeks researching at the LDS library. He found some really good stuff. If it is OK with you, I can give him your email address and he cand send you some of the stuff he found. He found a lot of court records that had a lot of information in it especially on William W. Bishop Sr., the ancestor of Bill and I. Oh, by the way, we found out that John Bishop and Elizabeth Babb had a daughter Elizabeth Bishop who married a Miller and she had two children. They also had a daughter named Anne or Annie who married a R. Gibson who lived in Rye Cove, Scott Co., Va. I think the girls must have been older because they both died before the 7 boys did. I will write you more about this when I have a little more time.

Do you have a pedigree chart on ancestry.com. If you do, it will make it a lot easier to put any info that Bill or anyone else has for you to add to your tree.

More later,
Betty Bishop Willoughby
bettyw41@yahoo.com
1-225-567-1309
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Ron Cornwell 16 Apr 2002 2:23AM GMT 
MaryHelenHain... 27 May 2005 2:25AM GMT 
BettyWillough... 13 Aug 2011 6:46AM GMT 
MaryHelenHain... 14 Aug 2011 12:30AM GMT 
CindyMcC 18 Aug 2011 9:29AM GMT 
debielw 17 Jun 2013 3:21AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions