Search for content in message boards

Need help solving mystery

Replies: 6

Re: Need help solving mystery

Posted: 20 Aug 2010 10:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hall, Gainer, Beebe, Fisher, Bennett, Boynton, Loomis
Hello cousin!
I am related to you through GGGGrandmother Anne's daughter Eliza Hall Gainer.
So, you have supplied a piece of the puzzle that I did not have before. I have not known of this obit previously. I would love to have a scan of it, if possible.
Anyway, Ann Hall is listed in the cemetery known by various names including Sutherland Cemetery/Bennett Cemetery/Sayles/Staples Corners Cemetery. Its located at
Old Hicks Road and Aster Avenue, east of Rand Road (Route 12), behind Menard's near Knupper's, Palatine. Palatine Township, Cook County, Illinois. Maintained by Palatine Township, (847)358-6700. This is just south of the Lake County border, so people are buried there from both counties.
The listing you can find through the Barrington Area Library website under local info, local history, Barrington Area Cemeteries...then look for Sutherland. They have Staples mispelled as Stafles.
Previous to your locating this obit, the Beebe family had claimed that Ann(e) was buried in the Beebe cemetery in Michigan, so although there was an Ann Hall listed in
Staples Corners, the name is common. Also, there is the issue of the date. Cemetery records say 1890. But, you know how that goes.
There are also Gainer, Fisher, Bennett, Boynton relative buried there.
Now that I know she's there, I'm going to go out to look at it myself and see what I can see.
I would love to exchange any information with you and you can contact me directly at LoomisNancyAnn@aol.com.
Thanks so much for sharing this!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
vickih203172 20 Aug 2010 11:40PM GMT 
cvhbauman 21 Aug 2010 2:14AM GMT 
Nancy Loomis ... 21 Aug 2010 4:07AM GMT 
vickih203172 23 Feb 2013 9:54PM GMT 
Nancy Loomis ... 27 Feb 2013 11:41AM GMT 
pattycakes934 23 Feb 2013 9:23PM GMT 
vickih203172 23 Feb 2013 9:38PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions