Search for content in message boards

Smith family cousins around Waukegan and Ivanhoe, IL.

Replies: 2

Smith family cousins around Waukegan and Ivanhoe, IL.

Posted: 5 May 2013 3:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: SMITH, COOK, BOWERS, CAREY, HAYES, HANDY, HALL, HOLDEN, PRICE
Smith families are hard to trace, especially as I live in Oklahoma! I have a whole bunch of Smith relatives buried in the Ivanhoe cemetery in IL. It leads me to believe that there MUST still be many 1st, 2nd and 3rd cousins alive in that Chicago, Waukegan, Lake county area possibly that I'm related to. I'm hoping there are others there searching for us also!
Eber Holden Smith died in Ivanhoe in 1898, along with his wife, Sarah Ann Hayes in 1892. They had 7 children, most died in Lake county.
Thomas Byron Smith died in 1916 in Waukegan, and his Alma Ester Handy wife died in 1920 there! They had 8 children who died around the Waukegan area, except one. When Thomas brought his family to Oklahoma, Lester died in western OK in Carmen. Over 100 years later, I have found his grave. After Lester's death, Thomas took his family back to IL. where he started. No cause for Lester's death here in 1902 at this time. Could have been Indians, fever, sickness, drought. It's a big mystery for me!
So based on all this, I can't help but wonder where all my Smith relatives are now living. I would really love to contact someone else interested in the Smith genealogy. If anyone knows of any Smith research or books in the IL area, please let me know ASAP. Thanks
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Dallas Smith 5 May 2013 9:07PM GMT 
mepcain 6 May 2013 11:21PM GMT 
SHughes906 20 Jun 2014 10:34PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic