Search for content in message boards

Mundelein photos in the 1950 era

Replies: 8

Re: Mundelein photos in the 1950 era

Posted: 19 Aug 2013 1:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
Tom, thank you for replying again. I vaguely remember my teacher taking us downtown. I have a photo of us line up against some store fronts. We all looked like orphans.

We moved into new subdivision. I do have a photo of the house that we lived in, but not the street. Maybe, my older sister may know it.

I remember buying stick pretzels in a box.

We would go swimming at Diamond Lake. There was a big slide there and I have a photo of me sitting on top of the slide steps.

I vaguely remember having class in a basement of a church.

At the bottom of the hill was a pasture. Within the pasture was an orchard that had green apples. One time my older sister was watching me. She and her friend peddled us down to the pasture. We squeeze through some barb wire. Before going to pick some apples, my sister decided to play on the trough. Soon, she heard some cows coming....she and her friend got scared and took off for the fence....yelling for me to follow....There was one wee problem, the trough was high and I was short. When I jumped off, I did a belly flop into some fresh country. Somehow, I made it to the fence and my sister put me her basket. She washed me off with hose....then took inside and gave me a bath. She covered a the smell. My Mom didn't find out until we were adults.

We would take the L down to Chicago. Unfortunately, I only have a few memories.

I'm writing my family's history, so I'm trying to find a couple photos of all the places that we lived in.

I wonder if Mundelein had any city directories, which would help a lot.

Thanks for your help.

Mary

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
MaryBoudreau5... 19 Aug 2013 1:49PM GMT 
Tom Wagner 19 Aug 2013 3:42PM GMT 
DiannHarrison 19 Aug 2013 5:21PM GMT 
Tom Wagner 19 Aug 2013 5:41PM GMT 
Tom Wagner 19 Aug 2013 6:41PM GMT 
DiannHarrison 19 Aug 2013 7:18PM GMT 
Tom Wagner 19 Aug 2013 9:33PM GMT 
DiannHarrison 21 Aug 2013 2:13PM GMT 
Tom Wagner 21 Aug 2013 9:29PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions