Search for content in message boards

William & Sarah (Clark) Chase

Replies: 4

Re: William & Sarah (Clark) Chase

Posted: 2 Nov 2012 10:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Thanks for another clue! :) I've been trying to track more info down non-stop since seeing your message last night. It's just gotten more confusing though too. I had seen William & Sarah Chase enumerated 10 Jul 1860 at Hiram Matter [Motter]'s in Pine Creek, Ogle co. Last night I found William A. Chase, b. MD, right age, at Jacob & Sarah Clark's on 22 Jun 1860 in Rockvale, Ogle co. Also there is daughter Sarah, b. abt 1840. I thought great! Her parents! Then I found this page for Sarah A. Clark Wood on Find a Grave: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=31.... So now I'm even more confused than before. Were there two Sarah Clarks in Ogle county at the same time? Were there also two William Chases from MD there at the same time? Possible but doubtful. I posted to the person who maintains that page & other Clark ones. I'm wondering what proof there is that Sarah Clark, daughter of Jacob & Sarah married Elisha Wood. I found their marriage on an index here on 2 Oct 1865 but doesn't list parents. The Find A Grave one died a few days after giving birth to her son.

The other thing, the census from 1850 that you found, William Chase/Chace was with the Hiram Motter/Matter family that he was with in 1860. I traced them back to Hagerstown, MD and saw on the census that Hiram's father Jacob owned slaves. So I'm wondering if William was one they freed & stayed working for them or if he could've been even related to them. More & more questions! Thanks again, now I can try & find them through another adult child. I have yet to find them in IL or IA in 1880. Perhaps they were on the move during the census.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Carrie Stave 21 Mar 2012 1:04AM GMT 
mepcain 9 May 2012 2:26AM GMT 
Carrie Stave 2 Nov 2012 4:58AM GMT 
mepcain 3 Nov 2012 2:30AM GMT 
Carrie Stave 3 Nov 2012 4:02AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions