Search for content in message boards

Campbell/Gilpin/Goings

Replies: 1

Campbell/Gilpin/Goings

Posted: 11 Nov 2001 9:52AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Mar 2002 9:14PM GMT
I find a Mary Jane Goings from Pike Co, Ill who married John H. Gilpin in 1876, Sangamon Co.(in the Illinois Marriage Index). Then in 1886 Mary Jane Gilpin married Charles X Campbell (also in index). Both marriages in Sangamon.
In my grandmother's possessions I find a outdoor photo taken in front of a large wonderful farmhouse - in the photo are three women(two standing, one lounging on lawn), one woman sidesaddle on horse and a man holding reins. At the top of the photo, my in my grandmother handwriting "Springfield " --and then she has written "Aunt Mary Jane Campbell, nee Goings". Also she has labled the man as farm hand, and the woman on the horse as Pearl Campbell. Picture's date I guess to be 1880-1890.
Now, fast forward.....
Mary Jane's will was processed in San Antonio,Texas (date unclear, I'm guessing 1920-1940). Her name is now MJ Jennings. Her will includes only her brothers and sisters - all from her Goings line - with the exception of a Monie Poole (M/F?) who receives a large portion of her estate. I have no idea who Monie Poole is.
Anyone want to exchange???
Annette
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
eminer1 11 Nov 2001 4:52PM GMT 
Ruth Campbell 24 Feb 2014 6:13PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions