Search for content in message boards

Posting Ruby Smith Pruitt's obit

Replies: 1

Posting Ruby Smith Pruitt's obit

Posted: 22 Feb 2011 11:25AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Feb 2011 12:14PM GMT
Surnames: Pruitt
To help others, I found Austin Rex Pruitt, b. 24 Nov 1902 Johnson County, Indiana, to Wm. M. & Clara (Brockman) Pruitt. He d.18 Jun 1977 Hubbard County, Minnesota. He was a public school teacher as was wife Ruby, & they were originally from Kewanee, Henry, IL, as was some of my Pruitt relatives. I thought this might be related to my relatives, William D. & Lena (Lucas) Pruitt, children Vernon Howard, Isabelle, John & Robert, as William had a brother named Austin. I have posted Ruby's obit below.

Amy
jeffsouthall@att.net

Peoria Journal Star, The (IL) - January 17, 1994
Deceased Name: RUBY PRUITT
KEWANEE -- Ruby G. Pruitt, 90, of rural Nevis, Minn., formerly of Kewanee, died Sunday, Jan. 16, 1994, at the home of her daughter

in Freeport.

Born Aug. 12, 1903, in Henry County to Smith and Julia Ziegler Hadsall, she married Austin Rex Pruitt on June 13, 1931, in Rock Island. He died June 18, 1977. One son, William; one brother; and two sisters also preceded her in death.

Surviving are one daughter, Hazel "Ann" Wright of Freeport; one sister, Jennie Golden of Kewanee; six grandchildren; and nine great-grandchildren.

A 1925 graduate of Illinois Women's College, she taught in central Illinois school districts. She later taught in Cokato, Minn., retiring in 1965. She was a member of Arkeley Methodist Church in Arkeley, Minn.

Services will be at 1 p.m. Tuesday at Rux Funeral Home. The Rev. Dale Kooi will officiate. Visitation will be one hour before services at the funeral home. Burial will be in Pleasant View Cemetery.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
asouthall95 22 Feb 2011 6:25PM GMT 
Melissa Duran 2 Oct 2012 9:20PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions