Search for content in message boards

Ezekiel Wesley Hall

Replies: 1

Ezekiel Wesley Hall

Posted: 16 Jun 2007 8:01AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hall, Davis, Oaks
I am trying to find information on an Ezekiel W. Hall. He was born in 1839 in Robinson Co., TN. He lived in Jackson Co. at when he enlisted in the Union Army during the Civil War. Seems he was quite notorious. He lived in Williamson Co., for as time.
Ezekiel deserted from Helena AR for 10 months. He was arrested and brought back to his Company and spent time in confinement and recieved no pay from Mar 24, 1864 till Jan 21, 1865 while he was gone. He was required to make up the lost time.
He was mustered out on Nov. 1, 1865 in San Antonio TX.
According to his records, he got into a quarrell with another Private and shot and killed him and then deserted. Supposedly there were no witnesses and he was never punished for the killing that I know of.
He was captured near Cotton Plant AR on Aug 20, 1864 and paroled at Union City MO on Nov 28, 1864.
The Sheriff of Jackson Co., Il wrote a letter to Col. James Oaks attesting to Ezekiel's unprovoked shooting of a man named G. B. Davis and testifying that he had known Ezekeil for many years and that he was a bad man and had shot others. He was forced to leave Williamson Co., Il before due to his bad conduct.
The Sheriff of Jackson Co., IL wrote many letters trying to get Ezekiel arrested for the shooting. He shot a leading citizen there named G. B. Davis.
I don't know if he was ever aressted ot tried for the shooting. He moved to the Dunklin/Stoddard Co., MO areas after he left the Army. He was eventually shot and killed in 1889 by the Marshall from Dunklin Co., MO. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.
Charlotte Christensen
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
CharMcChris 16 Jun 2007 2:01PM GMT 
zuelomalley 26 Mar 2013 9:53PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions