Search for content in message boards

Ward/Taylor

Replies: 0

Ward/Taylor

Posted: 7 Oct 2012 3:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 Oct 2012 4:05PM GMT
Hello, seeking information regarding Andrew J. (Jack) Ward & Mary Jane (Taylor) Ward.

They married in 1855 in Williamson County, Illinois. In 1870, they were living in Johnson County, IL (he was listed as "Jack" Ward on census). In 1880, they were living in Williamson County, IL with several children (Wilson, Marcus, Wiley - just a few of them).

They migrated to Ripley County, Missouri around 1890.

I believe that Mary Jane was the daughter of William and Margaret Taylor. She had many siblings, a few were: Malvina, Emaline, Wiley, Rhonda... I found Mary Jane still at home in 1850 Census for Williamson County, IL. By 1860, she has married Andrew J. Ward and most likely had two or three children by then.

I have NOT been able to find Mary Jane and Andrew Ward (and their children) on the 1860 census for IL nor have I been able to find any further information on the Taylor family.

Also, have not (after 20 years of searching) found any evidence of Andrew J. Ward PRIOR to his marriage to Mary Jane Taylor. My grandfather (son of Andrew J. Ward) said that Andrew came from a very large family however had no clue where he was actually born. I have been told both Illinois and Tennessee.

Any help would be appreciated.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions