Search for content in message boards

James Ward

Replies: 2

James Ward

Posted: 23 Oct 2012 8:30AM GMT
Classification: Query
Sending out a nationwide question regarding James Ward.

James Ward was born in 1864 in Williamson County, Illinois. He was the son of Andrew J. (Jack) Ward and Mary Jane (Taylor) Ward.

Sometime after the 1880 census, the Ward family moved to Ripley County, Missouri. Although James was around 16 (in 1880), I do believe that he migrated with his family.

My father remembers his "Uncle Jim" and "thought" he lived in Arkansas for a while but also lived in Virginia. Of course, my father was very young when he was around his uncle and was going on memories around 50 years old.

Also, another "family" story - James Ward supposedly was kicked in the head by a mule and, according to my father, suffered from a sort of "split" personality after that. Here's where it gets strange - "supposedly" James had a family in Arkansas AND in Virginia and that he went back in forth between them. It could be that he was divorced and simply went back and forth to visit his children. Not sure how true that story is as these were 50 year old memories from my father's young childhood.

However, I am hoping that someone out there at least recogizes the family connection between James Ward, as son of Andrew J. and Mary Ward - born in IL and moved to MO.

Any information very much appreciated! This is the last child of Andrew and Mary Ward that I have yet to find any evidence of AFTER the family moved to Missouri.

Thanks so much.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
plwwho1972 23 Oct 2012 2:30PM GMT 
patriciastale... 24 Oct 2012 3:09AM GMT 
plwwho1972 24 Oct 2012 8:52PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic