Weaver mystery

Replies: 1

Weaver mystery

Posted: 22 Jul 2012 8:28AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Jul 2012 8:30AM GMT
Surnames: Weaver, Mc Gregory, Anderson, Mack
Hello gang!

I have a challenge for you. This is a mystery that several families would love to solve. We have been searching for over a decade.

My GG grandfather Enoch Anderson Weaver b 1848-d.1930 married in 1871 a woman named Nancy Gregory (McGregory) d. 1906 but legend has it that he also married another Nancy that was Native American. She pronounced her name Na-Na-Ta and was found hanged in her cabin. This detailed story has been passed down through a couple families. The only marriage license that could apply is a Nancy Griger m. an E B Weaver in 1871 but I am not sure if this is a record of my individuals as Enoch's middle name begins with an A. I have an ancestry.com account but it doesn't answer this question. Without a last name for our lost Nancy, I cannot search Dawes roles. In addition, Enoch's father Lewis Brown Weaver b 1818 ish is the last in our line that we can trace, so the Nancy legend may have began with him, as he married at least three time to women I cannot trace back.

So...

Do you know this story?

Do you have information on Nancy the Native American?

Would anyone know a line of Weavers that Lewis Brown Weaver descends from or any information on his wives, especially Elizabeth Anderson (b. 1820).?

If I took a trip to Metropolis, where should I look for associated records?

One last thing. Enoch was also associated with a Ms. Mack. I have no information about this person or her role in his life but it would fill in a whole if someone had answers.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
laboray 22 Jul 2012 2:28PM GMT 
patty21216 10 Feb 2013 3:35AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions