Search for content in message boards

Where was Pensenos Tavern Illinois in May 1815?

Replies: 0

Where was Pensenos Tavern Illinois in May 1815?

Posted: 3 Feb 2013 2:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wood
Can anyone please tell me where Pensenos Tavern Illinois was in May 1815? I would like to know what county and or town please it has to do with the following:

On this 24th day of March A.D. one thousand eight hundred and fifty two personally appeared before me a justice of the peace within and for the county and state aforesaid William Wood, aged 57 years, a resident of Macoupin County in the state of Illinois who being duly sworn according to law declares that he is the identical William Wood who was a private in the company commanded by Captain James B. Moore Illinois Volunteers War 1812 that he volunteered at Pensenos Tavern Illinois town state of Illinois on or about the month of May 1815 for the term of 6 months and continued in actual service in said war for the term of 6 months and was honorably discharged at Pensenos Tavern Illinois town state of Illinois on or about the month of November 1815 as will more fully appear by the muster and payrolls of said company he further states that he never received a certificate of discharge for said service and that the members of the company to which he belonged was dismissed without receiving from their said captain their certificates of discharge. He makes this declaration for the purpose of obtaining the bounty land to which he may be entitled under the act granting bounty land to certain officers and soldiers who have been engaged in the military service of the United States past September 28, 1850 and that he has not received nor is entitled to receive any bounty land under any other act heretofore past. Signature William Wood

Note - William Wood was awarded 80 acres of bounty land in Sangamon County, Illinois by the U.S. Department of the Interior on November 22, 1852.

Please any information you can give would really help thanks so much.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions