Search for content in message boards

Family of Robert Barnet Spence, White CO, IL 1800's

Replies: 10

Re: Family of Robert Barnet Spence, White CO, IL 1800's

Posted: 20 Nov 2012 9:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Nov 2012 9:58PM GMT
Surnames: Spence
My ggrandmother was Ella Jane Spence, a sister of Alexander Spence. I have info on Spence's back to Patrick b 1610 Linlithgow, West Lothian, Scotland. He was married to Jannet White.
Robert Barnet Spence Sr arrived New York 10 Jul 1826 at the age of 31. His occupation is listed as cooper. He brought with him a large chest of drawers (9 ft X 8 ft) which he made with wooden pegs not nails. This chest has been passed to the oldest female child in the family. My ggrandmother Ella Jane Spence Chapman passed the chest to my grandmother Viola Chapman Weirauch who passed it to my mother Juanita Weirauch Sturm. My older sister Bernita Sturm Campbell was to receive it but she is now deceased. She has a daughter Andrea Campbell who should be the next in line to receive the chest. It currently is in the home of my father Bernard Sturm. Because of the large size of the chest my father has it in a room with a 10 foot ceiling. It would not easily fit into the homes we occupy today.
I would be happy to share any info that I have about the Spence family. Contact me at pawlyr@yahoo.com
Sincerely, Rita Sturm Pawly
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
RPawly49 21 Nov 2012 4:55AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions