Search for content in message boards

John Frederick HINDENLANG 1878

Replies: 3

Re: John Frederick HINDENLANG 1878

Posted: 22 Jun 2013 3:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
Since posting the above, I have found additional information on the parents of John Frederick Hindenlang in the records of Crawford Co.

First there are two bonds that identify John Frederick's father. The first is a bond dated Mar 16, 1840. The only record of this bond was in the index for the Probate Records Bonds. It stated that John Hindelang, deceased, was the father of John Frederick Hindenlang and appointed Daniel Brenner as his guardian.

The second Bond was dated Mar 02, 1853. In this bond Peter Seibert was appointed the guardian of John Frederick. In different places in this official document John Frederick's father is referred to as John Hindelang and as George Hindelang, so it is assumed his name was the same as John Frederick's first son, John George Hindenlang.

In the Probate Records, as part of this change in the guardianship, Daniel Brenner gave the funds he held as a results of the 1840 bond to Peter Seibert.

John Frederick Hindenlang's mother is identified in several petitions by Peter Siebert to the Court. There are several petitions to sell a piece of property in the name of Peter's wife, Catharine Weaver Smith, and the minor John Frederick Hindenlang.

I requested the deeds for this piece of property located in Section 19 Chatfield Twp Crawford Co. John George Hindelang and John G. Kalb purchased this property in Nov 03, 1837.

In a another deed for this property, Section 19 Chatfield Twp Crawford Co Ohio, dated April 12,1851 (Deed Bk 13 pg 659) "John G. Kalb & Wife" Deed to "Catharine Sebert & "Frederick Hendelang" The deed states that on or about the 26th day of Sept. 1839 George Hindelang departed this life, leaving his widow Catharine, now married to Peter Seibert, who is entitled to dower in said property along with Frederick his son a minor under the age of 21.

All of these records except the deeds are online in the Family Search's unindexed records for Crawford Co, Ohio.

There were two other documents found.

On Jan 17, 1838 Catharine Smith married John Hindelang.
On Jan 22, 1841 Catharine Weaver Smith married Peter Seibert.

For Weaver to be the married name from a third marriage, Catharine (b:Nov 23, 1819) would have had to be married, and her husband died/divorced before her 18th birthday.

The only other time a third marriage could have occurred would have been after John George died in Sept 1839 and her marriage to Peter Seibert in Jan 1841.

Peter Seibert died on Aug 02, 1894. Catharine died Apr 06, 1900. John Frederick Hindenlang had 12 Seibert Step siblings.

It is not known where John George Hindelang is buried, but probably near Chatfield Twp.

There is a will for Frederick Smith (Wife: Eva Catherena) Per this Will, his daughters were Catharine Sibord, and a Joanna Leitza. Joanna Leitzy was the wife of Francis Leitzy who verified John Frederick Hindenlang's age so he could get married.

While I would like to think Catharine Sibord is Catharine Seibert, I could find no proof that Sibord was Seibert, and not some other name.

If anyone finds any additional information about this couple I hope they contact me.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Loretta Baughan 19 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT 
bns2011 2 Jul 2009 5:32AM GMT 
keithnuttle 16 Oct 2009 12:44AM GMT 
keithnuttle 22 Jun 2013 9:50PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions