Search for content in message boards

Cemetery in Dunnington, Benton County

Replies: 29

Re: St. Mary Catholic Church records - Donna Kelly

Posted: 21 Jan 2013 5:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McCoy, Flanagan, Davis, Freeland, Buck
Hi Troy,

Thanks for the posting. Yes, I really miss Donna's postings, so informative and willing to share her knowledge of the area there. Never talked to her in person, though I saw her photo that Louise posted a link to, what a beautiful woman. Donna said that my great-grandmother, Mary Catherine McCoy Flanagan of Ambia, IN was mid-wife to her grandmother, when her mom was born and some of the other children. Grateful for that tidbit and some others she related to me. I do have a question: Donna mentioned a couple of her elderly aunts still living (although it has been a few years, and maybe they have passed on now, I was going to try and contact them myself) that might have remembered Mary Flanagan or has Donna referred to her as she said she was known in the area as Grandma Flanagan. I'm still looking for the death date and death place of her husband (my great grandfather) John Flanagan. Their children were oldest: a girl? name unknown, son -John, daughter -Elizabeth Jane Flanagan Smith (married to Patrick Smith and lived north of Ambia, IN) and son -George Thomas Flanagan (my grandfather-married Leta Davis of Ambia also and moved to South Dakota in 1917) Any stories or recollections of these family members by your family members would be very appreciated. Welcome to the World of Genealogy! I've been at it for 11 years now. Really miss my mom, gone since August 2008. We made a good team, she with the names, dates and information remembered from her mother and my sleuthing skills! Good luck and thanks again for posting. Melody -email direct at mymarshall@yahoo.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
finniganj_1 11 Feb 2009 5:54PM GMT 
louisegudas 21 Mar 2009 9:55PM GMT 
louisegudas 25 Jun 2009 7:48PM GMT 
louisegudas 23 Mar 2012 4:49AM GMT 
marshallme 5 Apr 2012 11:02PM GMT 
louisegudas 6 Apr 2012 12:17AM GMT 
marshallme 13 Apr 2012 8:41PM GMT 
trtucke82 20 Jan 2013 2:50PM GMT 
louisegudas 20 Jan 2013 5:48PM GMT 
marshallme 22 Jan 2013 12:48AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions