Search for content in message boards

William Perry Hobson 1841-1904

Replies: 0

William Perry Hobson 1841-1904

Posted: 12 Apr 2013 8:53AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hobson, Chastain
I am hoping to find out the names of my great grandfather's parents/siblings and also the name of the family that my great grandmother stayed with during the time that my great grandfather was away for 3 years serving in the Civil War. Her mother had died when she was a toddler and her father when she was 11 years old, so it's thought that she may have come to IN from KY to live with family after her father's death. However, I don't know who that family might have been. So hopefully if I can find out who she was staying with while he was gone to war, I might be able to unravel some more of this mystery. Below are the particulars: At the age of 14, Mary Jane CHASTAIN, b. 1848 in Henry Co., KY, was married to William Perry HOBSON, b. 1841 in Marion Co., IN, at Burgetts Corner, Clinton Co, IN by John W. Bacon, Justice of the Peace, on 12 Aug 1862. He reenlisted as a Corporal in the Union Army 2 days later (Co. H of 86th Reg't Ind. Vols. commanded by Cpt. Rufus D. Pettit. He would later be transferred to Co. F, 12th Vet. Res. Corp and be discharged in Washington, D.C. on 26 June 1865.) During a hospital stay in April 1865, his records show his wife's post office address as being Zionsville, Boone Co., IN. After the war, on one of his Pension Application forms, they are shown as living on a farm in Soircleville, Clinton Co., IN. in Sept. 1878. They moved to Pratt, Pratt Co., KS in 1882 or 1884. Any information concerning both of these surnames would be greatly appreciated.

Find a board about a specific topic