Search for content in message boards

PARISH/PARRISH of Carroll County

Replies: 1

PARISH/PARRISH of Carroll County

Posted: 20 Aug 2000 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Jan 2002 10:11AM GMT
Surnames: PARISH, PARRISH, BURRUS
Any information on the PARISH/PARRISH and BURRUS families from Carroll County, Indiana would be welcome. Joseph PARISH m. Fanny WELCH on 6 Dec 1820 in Chowan County, N.C. They left Chowan Co. abt 1827 and settled in Preble County, Ohio. They moved on to Carroll County, Indiana abt 1835. At each move they were accompanied by Seth BURRUS who married Sarah PARISH 9 Jun 1821 in Chowan Co. There was another older Sarah PARRISH living with Seth and Sarah BURRUS who, according to the 1850 IN. Census, was born in N.C. abt 1760. I have no proof but think that Sarah BURRUS and Joseph PARISH were siblings. Perhaps the older Sarah PARISH was their mother.

Joseph and Fanny PARISH had children (1)Mary m. George Zook (2) Harriet m. Willian S. Clark (3) Nancy m. Charles Jones (4) Rachel (5) Penina m. George Evans (6) Sarah m1 Uriah Hudson m2 William Westfall (7) Louisa J.

Seth and Sarah Burrus had children (1) Joseph (2) Isabella (3) John (4) Seth. (There could have been other children.

Does anyone know if the M. PARISH listed in the 1850 Census in Carrol County was connected to these people in any way? I need all the help I can get on sorting out the puzzle of the Carroll County PARISH/PARRISH and BURRUS Families. Please send me any information which could be a piece of the puzzle. I will be happy to share whatever information I now have or find in the future.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jas2830 20 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT 
oktexan1 17 Nov 2012 3:19PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic