Search for content in message boards

Elizabeth Warren

Replies: 1

Re: Elizabeth Warren

Posted: 4 Mar 2013 10:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Detrick, Smith, Stockton, McKee
I am developing a theater archive in Los Angeles and recently purchased a scrapbook of playbill's and newspaper clippings that I believe belonged to a Miss Sadie Stockton. This seems to have been a stage name however.

I found additional notices for the marriage of Sadie Stockton to C. Jay Smith on September 29, 1899 in Michigan. But also a notice from January 1907 announcing the death of Sadie Stockton's mother "Elizabeth Detrick of Corunna, Ind. on Jan. 7". I believe Sadie Stockton was actually the Sarah Detrick Smith of Chicago listed in the above obituary. Sadie was also have Chicago and "Sadie" was a nickname for Sarah. I don't know where the name Stockton came from, it may have been a stage name or perhaps she had been married earlier.

I have not yet received the scrapbook which is in the mail and will be donated to the archive. If anyone as any additional information (and photos!) of Sadie and/or family I would love to hear from you.

- Dale Sheldon (mlitsonata@gmail.com)
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
A. Goodwin 24 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT 
Dale Sheldon 5 Mar 2013 5:20AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions