Search for content in message boards

SAXON - BOYLES - MEREDITH - BRUGH - SNIDER/SNYDER - REED

Replies: 2

SAXON - BOYLES - MEREDITH - BRUGH - SNIDER/SNYDER - REED

Judi Burkhardt (View posts)
Posted: 17 Dec 2002 2:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: SAXON-BOYLES-MEREDITH-BRUGH-SNIDER/SNYDER-REED
Searching for second disappearance of my 2nd great grandfather James F. SAXON, b. ca. 1838 NY. He married (1) Sarepta BOYLES 9 Oct 1856 Blackford Co., IN. After they divorced in 1865, he seemed to have disappeared and I finally found him using the 1880 census CD collection living in Fulton Co., IN. married to a Rose MEREDITH in 1867. They had three known children together: Hattie L., b. ca. 1870; Mamie, b. ca. 1873 and Maud, b. ca. 1877. Rose died 7 Mar. 1880, and was not on the census with James F. and the three daughter's. The first daughter Hattie married Eli M. BRUGH in 1888 in Fulton Co., IN. From Eli's obituary (dated Feb. 15, 1952) it appears that he and Hattie divorced or she died and he remarried, but the way the obit. read it sounded like Eli M. and Hattie had a daughter. It said he leaves one step son Earl REED and one daughter Mrs. Dorothy SNIDER daughter both of Grand Rapids. MI. Would love to find anyone who has knowledge of James F. SAXON's second family and knows where he disappeared to (did he remarry a third time, where and when did he die?) and what became of the girls, and if Hattie and Eli M. did have a daughter Dorothy who married a SNIDER and lived in MI. at least in 1952 when Eli BRUGH died. I would like to find descendants of Dorothy SNIDER as well.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Judi Burkhardt 17 Dec 2002 9:53PM GMT 
JudithBurkhar... 8 Sep 2012 7:14PM GMT 
dunroming 20 Sep 2012 1:45PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic