Search for content in message boards

Birth lookup in Gibson Co.

Replies: 5

Re: Birth lookup in Gibson Co. IN

Posted: 26 Jun 2013 7:30PM GMT
Classification: Query
Yes my gggm is one hard cookie to research!! I have lots of items but nothing gives definitive answers. She died early in 1880 in SF. also SF, CA lost all records in the 1906 Quake/Fire no vitals before that. I was able to get an obit but it only listed a native IN. Her birth date should be around Dec. 9, 1839 or 40. Everyone of her 8 children list a different place of birth. (either she didn't want them to know because of her past or the kids were young and didn't listen). No family bible, many fires along the way. If you read the above post you can see I have it pretty much narrowed down to two family but have conflicting details that don't let me decide. I recently found another baby that was born and lived only for a year in while living in Boston. It listed her birthplace as "Oakland City, IN" So that was very specific info so I'm searching that area now. If I could only find the parents of both of these two girls that might shed some light. So funny how tons of people on Ancestry have written that both these fathers died about 20 years earlier as everyone is just copying wrong info over and over. It just takes a few more steps to cross reference and make sure. Everyone on Ancestry is so excited to just connect a family that seems close!

I am still searching for Almon & Rachel Scranton's deaths and burial place.
Also William & Emily Scranton's death and burial. Seems so odd all these people out there on Ancestry and NOT one person has REAL records on either couple! Funny to me and that's why I won't connect my gggm until I actually see another record to cross reference her and her parents.

Going back to my gggm burial they moved a lot of graves in SF, CA and if relatives didn't want to pay they made one mass grave. So sad. I only have basic info from that. Believe me I have been searching for over 20 years and she's still a bit hard along with her hubby! Back then they didn't share much!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
CSchafer513 15 Jun 2013 2:30PM GMT 
ELLinSpain 16 Jun 2013 7:59AM GMT 
CSchafer513 16 Jun 2013 4:15PM GMT 
histgal74 16 Jun 2013 5:33PM GMT 
CSchafer513 27 Jun 2013 1:30AM GMT 
CSchafer513 3 Nov 2014 4:49PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic