Search for content in message boards

Henry JOHNS, Elizabeth FIRESTONE JOHNS

Replies: 0

Henry JOHNS, Elizabeth FIRESTONE JOHNS

Posted: 22 Sep 2012 4:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: JOHNS, JOHN, HONS, HAUNCE, HONCE, HONTS, HONTZ, HANCE, FIRESTONE, LAMPERT, KAUFFMAN, COFFMAN
I am interested in finding an obit for both Henry JOHNS, son of Jacob & Cathrien HONS, and Henry's wife Elizabeth FIRESTONE LAMPERT JOHNS. Henry JOHNS d. in 1864 and Elizabeth JOHNS Oct. 1, 1862. They both d. in Hancock Co. and are buried in the Lizz Town Cemetery per George Honts III in "The Descendants of Jacob Hons/Jacob John", 1999. The family lived in Grainger Co., TN, and Botetourt Co., VA before migrating to Indiana. Henry used the names JOHN, HONS, HAUNCE, HONCE, HONTS, HONTZ, or HANCE prior to the move to TN, and some of his children from his first m. retained one of these names.

Henry was probably b. in York, PA and Elizabeth in MD. It was the second marriage for both, with Henry having 7 children with his first wife (Catharine KAUFFMAN/COFFMAN); Elizabeth had 1 dau, Priscilla LAMPERT, with her hus George LAMPERT. Henry and Eliz. had 2 children together: Ezra JOHNS (1816-1894, d. in Carroll Co., IN) and Mathias JOHNS /Matthew JOHNS (1817-1899, d. in Hancock Co., IN.) Would like to have cemetery info or obits on Ezra or Mathias, also, as I have been unable to find their final resting places. I would like to correspond with anyone researching these families. TIA

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions