Search for content in message boards

Archibald GIBSON Floyd Co, KY>Hendricks Co, IN

Replies: 48

Re: Archibald GIBSON Sr. Will, Floyd Co, KY>Hendricks Co, IN

Posted: 30 Jan 2013 9:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
The Last Will & Testiment of Archibald Sr., written 1851, is now in the possession of Patrick and Casey Finn. Patrick, is a descendant of Archibald Gibson. Sr. by way of his daughter Elizabeth and her illegitimate (presumably) son William.

The original Will is to faded to be copied so a transcription follows.

Last Will & Testiment of Archibald Gibson, Sr. to wit: I Archibald Gibson of the county of Hendricks and State of Indiana, do make and publish this my last will and testament. Item 1st: I give a bequeath to each of my children now living one dollar: namely Elizabeth Gibson, John Gibson, Jesse Gibson, James Gibson, Archibald Gibson, Rachel Roberts, and Nancy Young, and one dollar to be divided between the children of my deceased son William Gibson, and also one dollar to be divided between the children of my deceased son Ezekeil Gibson, which is all of my estate intended by me for any of the persons above named or referred to, except my daughter Elizabeth in the contingency hereinafter specified. Item 2nd I will, bequeath and devise my beloved wife the rest and residue of all my personal property of every kind and also my farm situated in Hendricks County, in the State of Indiana, on which I now reside, containing eighty acres, during her natural life. At the death of my said wife, the real estate aforesaid and such part of the said personal property as may then remain unconsumed, or the proceeds thereof, I give and devise to my grandson William Bethel Gibson, son of my daughter Elizabeth and his heirs forever. If however, my said grandson should die after my death and before the death of my said wife, I give and devise the real estate aforesaid and the said personal propery which may be unconsumed or the prodceeds thereof at the death of my wife to my said daughter Elizabeth and her heirs forever; but if my said wife and my said grandson William Bethel Gibson should both die before my death, I then give and devise the real estate aforesaid and the said personal property or the proceeds thereof to my said daughter Elizabeth Gibson and her heirs forever. Item 3rd I hereby nominate and appoint my worthy friend Lee Tucker (Tinker?) executor of this my last will and testament hereby authorize and empower him to sell either at public or private sale at his discretion so much of said personal property as may be necessary to pay my just debts, funeral expenses and the above specific bequeaths and no more. I do hereby revoke all former wills by me made. In testimony ??????? I have hereunto set my hand and seal, this second day of August in the year eighteen hundred and fifty one. his mark Archibald X Gibson Signed, sealed, published and declared by the above named Archibald Gibson as his last will and testament in the presence of us, who have hereunto subscribed our names as witnesses thereto in the presence of the said testator and in the presence of each other Charles Fullen (?) Davide I. Puisol (?).
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
cimorto 30 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT 
56AllisC 9 Dec 2004 3:36PM GMT 
mel shearer 9 Sep 2001 11:34PM GMT 
DebbieDeHart5... 11 Sep 2001 12:15PM GMT 
Judy Vance 15 May 2002 4:12PM GMT 
DebbieDeHart9... 16 May 2002 11:12AM GMT 
tfields214 16 Jan 2009 2:48PM GMT 
AldenMullens 19 Jun 2009 8:48PM GMT 
ktsok 31 Jan 2013 4:39AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic