Search for content in message boards

Searching for Ellis Walton

Replies: 1

Searching for Ellis Walton

Bob Shannon (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jun 1999 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: WALTON, WRIGHT, PAXSON
Many of my direct and two living relatives were from Jay County, including Arthur Lindley PAXSON, my great grandfather and my great great great g'father Joseph Jefferson PAXSON. My mother Diana SHANNON (SMITH) was born in Jay County. My grandmother Bertha SMITH (PAXSON) and her sister Evelyn Gladys SMITH and brother William WALTON SMITH were born in Jay County. I have most of the family records which I will be passing on to Jay County as soon as I find Ellis.
Arthur was married to Ida WALTON. It is Idas father Ellis WALTON for whom we are searching records...I have a letter from Ellis WALTON written to his wife Elvira WALTON (?WRIGHT) from Camp Morgan Tenn., where he was wounded. Ellis died in January 1863 from Civil War wounds- He died at a hospital in Paducah KY. I also have a letter from his commander to Elvira WALTON telling of Ellis death. From the letter I understand that the commander had also written Elvira at Mt. Etna in Huntington County. I understand from reading bios that Joseph Jefferson PAXSON delivered mail from Ohio to Huntington County.
Any and all information concerning Ellis WALTON or his wife Elvira WALTON (?WRIGHT) will be appreciated. Note that my mother Diana SHANNON tells me that afer Ellis died, his wife Elvira married a BUNKER and was called Grandma Bunker.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Bob Shannon 17 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Blutruc8710 20 Jun 2013 9:07PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic