Search for content in message boards

Need obits, please?

Replies: 7

Re: Need obits, please?

Posted: 24 Aug 2012 8:19AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am RoseMary's D-I-L. I do have her obit, but it's not showing up in my tree right noe, but Ethel's is showing so, I'll send this one.

I am sending this from a friends account, so the info in the "from" frame is incorrect.

Ethel Taylor

This is the funeral home card info:

Williamson & Spencer Chapel
Portland, Indiana
10:30 A.M. - Saturday
July 15, 1978
Officiating:
Rev. Fred Luthy, Upland, Indiana
Rev. Phill Jellison, Portland, Indiana
Bearers:
Herschel Burkett Phill Jellison
Armond Jellison Paul Towell
Wendell Jellison Jim Spahr
Terry Jellison
Music:
Organist: Mrs. Dorothy Hamma
Vocal Selections: Build My Mansion Next Door To Jesus, Zions Hill
Rendered by: Mr. & Mrs. Wendel Jellison

Burial: Claycomb Cemetery, Jay, Indiana
Sat, July 15th, 1978 11:45 AM.

Obituaries:
Portland Paper, Thursday, July 13, 1978

Ethel Taylor
Ethel Taylor, 92, died Wednesday evening at the Portland Community Care Center, following an extended illness. She was a charter member of the Church of Christ in Christian Union.
Mrs. Taylor was born May 29, 1896, in Jay County to Ben and Josephine (Spahr) Brubaker. She married Leslie O. Taylor, April 12, 1905. He preceeded her in death in 1943.
She is survived by one son, Elmo Taylor, Portland; two daughters, Mrs. Herschel (Maraleen) Burkett and Mra. Armond (Rosemary) Jellison, both of Portland: Five grandchildren; seven great-grandchildren; and three great-great-grandchildren; two brothers, Clyde Brubaker, Union City, and Charles Brubaker, Redkey.
Services will be held art 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Williamson and Spencer Funeral Home, Portland. Rev. Fred Luthy will officiate assisted by Rev. Phill Jellison. Burial will follow at the Claycomb Cemetery in Greene Township.
Friends may call at the funeral home after 3 p.m. Friday.

Morning Fort Wayne Paper, Friday, July 14, 1978

Portland - Mrs. Ethel F. Taylor, 92, widow of Leslie O., died Wednesday evening in the Portland Community Care Center. Surviving are a son, two Daughters and two brothers. Calling after 3 p.m. Friday in the Williamson & Spencer Funeral Home where services will be at 10:30 a.m. Saturday.

Morning Muncie Star, Friday Ju;y 14, 1978

Ethel F. Taylor, 92
Portland - Ethel F., Taylor, 92, widow of Leslie O. Taylor, died at the Portland Community Care Center Wednesday evening following an extended illness.
Mrs. Taylor was a charter Member of The Church of Christ in Christian Union, Portland. She is survived by one son, Elmo Taylor, R.R. 2; two daughters, Mrs Herschel (Maraleen) Burkett and Mrs. Armond (Rosemary) Jellison, both of Portland, and five grandchikdren; seven great-grandchildren and three great-great-grandsons; two brothers, Clyde Brubaker, Union City, and Charles Brubaker, Redkey.
Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Saturday in the Williamson & Spencer Funeral Home with Rev. Fred Luthy officiating assisted by Rev. Phil Jellison. Burial will be in the Claycomb Cemetery. Fiends may call at the funeral home after 3 p.m. Friday.

Family legend is that Ethel was born to Jonathan Robert Brubaker and Minerva Counterman. After Minerva died Ethel was raised by Ben Brubaker and Josephine Spahr. I believe they adopted her.
Clyde is the son of Ben & Josephine and Charles is the son of Jonathan and Minerva. Jonathan and Ben were brothers.

Leslie Ora & Ethel Flossy Dale (Brubaker) Taylor were married 12 Aug 1905 in Jay County, IN. They had five children:

1. F. Valeda Lucelle Taylor b. 21 Feb 1906,Jay Co.IN
d 02 Dec 1911, Jay Co, IN. B: Calycomb
2. F. Wahneeta Irene Taylor b. 05 Oct 1907, Jay Co. IN
d. 18 Apr 1977 (Husband Herbert Hugh WILSON b. 8 Jan
3. M. Ora Elmo Tylor b. 30 Jan 1910, Green Township,
Jay Co, IN d. 10 Dec 1989, Portland, Jay, IN
4. F. Maraleen Taylor b 12 May 1912, Jay Co, IN
d.22 Aug 1994, Jay County Hospital, Portland, Jay
Co, IN
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
MargeCounterm... 21 Sep 2011 2:51PM GMT 
FL306 17 Oct 2011 5:41AM GMT