Search for content in message boards

Samuel Sylvester Taylor, Robert Taylor, William Preston Taylor

Replies: 1

Samuel Sylvester Taylor, Robert Taylor, William Preston Taylor

Posted: 29 Apr 2013 10:26AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Aug 2013 7:41PM GMT
Surnames: Taylor, Hoppes, McKinney, Maitlen
William Robert Taylor was an early settler in Grant Co, IN. Wife Mary Taylor nee Hoppes buried in Pence Cem is FaG memorial 27217000. I am pretty sure the Samuel S. Taylor of Jay county was one of his sons.

Another son William Preston Taylor b 9 Mar 1839 in Fayette Co, OH is apparently in Richland, Jay Co, IN in 1852/53 at school based on the Richland school record.

I am pretty sure William R. and Mary were also the parents of my Robert Taylor who married Rebecca Caylor in Jay Co, IN in 1850, probably Richland Twp. One daughter was Sarah Emma Taylor probably born Grant Co although son William Preston was born Jay Co in 1851. Robert and Rebecca also had daughters Mary Elizabeth who married a Hidy and Nancy Ellen Taylor who married a Mcelhaney in OH.

I am not sure if there was a connection between William Robert Taylor of Grant and Howard Counties, and John M. Taylor of Jay Co.

These TAYLORs are connected to many early Jay Co families e.g. McKinney, Hoppes, Maitlen, & Fiers.

There is lots of info on these TAYLORs. Anybody with interest in them email LRAYVICK@cox.net

Ray
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
RayVick51 29 Apr 2013 4:26PM GMT 
RayVick51 10 Jun 2014 1:51AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic