Search for content in message boards

MILLHOUSE

Replies: 5

Re: MILLHOUSE

Posted: 8 Dec 2013 7:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have been doing research on George Millhouse who was Richard's father. Richard was my Great-grandfather. Below are some notes I made to myself trying to track down George's parents. Maybe it will help.

..... it appears that George was born in Indiana on about 1852 (1880 Dayton,Phillips, KS census). Both his parents were from Ohio, It may be that George went to Kansas and married Sarah L. (1880 Kansas census) who may be the Sarah Carpenter in Grandma's Edith's Bible entry (Edith was Glenn Millhouse's wife, my grandmother). If so, he had 3 kids by her, Orrie Dell, Jacob G., and Phebe A. I also think Phebe or Phoebe is Sarah's Mother's name. Now, George's son Richard was born in 1874, so he should have been on the 1880 Kansas census with the rest of the family, but he's not. George, Sarah , and several children from the 1880 Kansas census show up in the 1885 Nebraska census along with a number of George's children listed in the 1900 US census in Antelope Nebraska. So this is the George and Sarah connection between Kansas and Nebraska. Its still troubling that there is no Richard.

George next turns up in the 1900 Census from Antelope County Nebraska. The 66th family the census taker visited on 12 June 1900 was George's. He was 51 y.o. at the time (DOB abt. 1849). Living with him at the time was son Albert, son Clarence, daughter Clara B., daughter Ona M. and daughter Oneita. No wife, no kids from the Sarah L. group. The next day (13 June 1900) the same census taker visited the Richard Millhouse family (family 72 on census record). Richard was living with his wife Vira, 21 y.o., Glen O. Brn 1897. Based on the fact that they are practically neighbors, George and Richard have to be related. Antelope County just isn't that big! But again, I have no hard connection between George and Richard, only circumstantial evidence.

The next time a George shows up is in the 1920 census records from Upton Wyoming. George is 69 y.o. (DOB abt. 1851). No other family. It's recorded that he was born in Indiana, and that his parents were born in Ohio. So maybe its him....
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
PHWE44 14 Aug 2013 7:25PM GMT 
ELLinSpain 21 Aug 2013 10:57AM GMT 
Joe Millhouse 9 Dec 2013 2:10AM GMT 
PHWE44 10 Dec 2013 8:19PM GMT 
Joe Millhouse 10 Dec 2013 10:37PM GMT 
PHWE44 11 Dec 2013 2:40AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic