Search for content in message boards

Davis, Palmer, Wells, Littlell, Pender, Burch, Pender, Barnhart, Waldemier,

Replies: 7

Davis, Palmer, Wells, Littlell, Pender, Burch, Pender, Barnhart, Waldemier,

Posted: 21 Dec 2003 7:27PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: Davis, Palmer, Wells, Littlell, Pender, Burch, Pender, Barnhart, Waldemier,
This book has no cover, and no index, and no author. I bought it on Ebay; it just has the insides, but it is full of Indiana biographies. I am not researching this family, just thought I would share. I do not know anymore about these families or these surnames. NOTE: I don’t know if there is any additional mention of this family in the book, it has no index. I do not want to sell this book. I am typing the biographies from it.

Typed by Lora Radiches:

Other surnames mentioned in the biography of PERRY P. Davis are, Davis, Palmer, Wells, Littlell, Pender, Burch, Pender, Barnhart, Waldemier,

PERRY P. Davis is a general contractor who has been in business for many years and has made a high reputation for reliability and thoroughness in the discharge of all his duties and obligations. His address in Indianapolis is 1101 West Thirty-third Street. Mr. Davis was born August 19, 1871, at Lockport, Kentucky, a son of James M. and Margaret (Palmer) Davis. His father was a small boy when his widowed mother moved west from Pennsylvania to Madison, Indiana. The children with her were Samuel, Bob, William, Charles, James and Sallie. Through the united efforts of these children a home was provided and opportunities were given to the younger children to attend school. James Davis subsequently moved to Lockport, Kentucky, was a farmer by occupation, and later lived on a farm in Jefferson County, Indiana. Besides general farming he was a fruit grower. He and his wife had four children: Anna, who married Foster Wells; Clara, wife of Walter Littlell; Clarence M.; and Perry P. James M. Davis was a soldier in the Civil war, being a member of Company E of the Fifty-fourth Kentucky Volunteers, under Colonel Buckley, and was flag bearer of his regiment in the Army of the Cumberland. He served three years. He is buried in the Crown Hill Cemetery at Indianapolis, and his wife was laid to rest in Trimble County, Kentucky. Perry P. Davis attended common schools in Jefferson County and finished his education in the schools at Saluda. All the time he was in school his training was going on as a farm worker. When he was twenty-one he began farming for himself and later worked for three years on a dairy farm in Marion County. He learned the trade of carpenter, and work at that trade opened to him the doors of opportunity for an independent business as a contractor, and he has been one of Indianapolis’ general contractors for over twenty years. During the World war he handled a large amount of Government work. He had the contract for building many homes at Muscle Shoals for the Government, and while he was superintending this work his wife kept a labor office in Indianapolis, through which she supplied a large part of the labor needed by him on the work. He also did some Government work at Rockford, Illinois, at Camp Grant, and at Newport News, Virginia. The Government gave him a medal and certificate attesting the efficiency of his service at Muscle Shoals. Mr. Davis married Miss Eva Pender, who was born and reared in Jefferson County, daughter of Clark and Susan (Burch) Pender. Her father was a farmer and landowner. Both her parents are buried in Saluda Township, Jefferson County. Their children were Eva, Lizzie, Marie, Della, Harry, Rhoda and Marshall. Mr. and Mrs. Davis have two children, Lottie and Forrest. Lottie is the wife of Frank Barnhart, and they have four children, named Harold, Arthur, Helen and Robert. Forrest married Dorothy Waldemier and has two children, Emmerson and Joseph L. Mr. Davis is a member of the Sons of Veterans, the Improved Order of Red Men, and he and his family are Methodists. Mrs. Davis takes an active part in civic and political organizations in Indianapolis, being a member of the civic commission, is precint committeeman, is treasurer of the International Study Club of six hundred members, and is much interested in the Sunday school of her church. She is a member of the Home and Foreign Missionary Societies, is a member of the Eastern Star and is on the censor committee for moving pictures.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
lora1957 22 Dec 2003 2:27AM GMT 
char62753 21 Apr 2004 8:33PM GMT 
Ardath Blue 22 Apr 2004 2:04PM GMT 
inthenameofth... 16 May 2012 3:26PM GMT 
rmcpmann 9 Nov 2012 9:14PM GMT 
inthenameofth... 14 Nov 2012 6:11PM GMT 
inthenameofth... 17 Nov 2012 8:49PM GMT 
inthenameofth... 15 Dec 2012 5:27PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions