In 1823, by two grants of 80 acres each, John P. Sharp acquired the west half of the SE quarter and the east half of the SW quarter of Section 1, Twp 7N, Range 7E. He is mentioned in Record Book 1 in 1823 as owing on account the estate of Nathaniel Eastman.
Both land grants give his residence as "of Jennings County."
What became of that land? Did he sell it? If so, when and to whom? Does the deed give his residence? Did his wife relinquish her dower right? Deed book and page of deed(s)?
If not sold, title must have passed by intestacy (no will found). Who owned that land in 1840? How did that person acquire the land?
In the 1830 census, no John Sharp is found. A John Kelly appears in the census on the same page as known landowners close to these tracts -- James Johnson, William Tyler, James Johnston.
Neither Sharp nor John Kelly appear in the 1840 census.
Adjoining land in Sections 1 and 12 granted to Solomon May (W & NW), Nicholas Amick (SW), James Johnston (S), William Tyler (S & SE), James Johnson (E & N), and Benjamin Johnson (NE).
In 1880 (Plat map), the western 80 acres were owned by Thomas Wilkerson and the eastern 80 acres by the heirs of William Wilkerson.