Search for content in message boards

Brotherhood of Railroad Trainmen, Local 615, Bedford, IN

Replies: 0

Brotherhood of Railroad Trainmen, Local 615, Bedford, IN

Posted: 17 Feb 2013 10:58AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Farrell
Does anyone know where records may be on the organization Brotherhood of Railroad (or Railway?) Trainmen, Local 615, Bedford, Indiana? I am doing genealogy on part of my family and one of them was in this organization. Thomas Farrell, of Loogootee, was a train laborer based on the 1900 census. I found a article reference from the Bedford Weekly Mail, December 30, 1898, discussing a accident he had with his hand while working at the railyards. I believe he may have died in 1905 in a train accident because a claim was completed and money was given to his brother Michael Farrell of Loogootee. The claim was listed in the Railroad Trainmen Journal January 1906 issue. I am trying to find out if records exist stating what the claim was for. Michael recieved 1350.00 which seems like a lot of money back then. I have not been able to find Thomas Farrell's cemetery record, so I am wondering if either he died somewhere else (on a train some place else) or just didn't get a stone. Thomas Farrell was born in 1878 in Martin County, Indiana. His parents had died by 1905, so it could be that he had listed his brother as next of kin.

Thank you for any assistance on possible locations of records.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions