Search for content in message boards

look up of records

Replies: 6

Re: look up of records

Posted: 4 Dec 2012 7:51AM GMT
Classification: Query
Thank you for responding!
I have a George and Mary Moore who were in Summitville by 1836. George had probable son Aquilla. I have been attempting to "connect" George and Aquilla (I have already connected from Aquilla to present day.)
According to a "history" by Edna Oldfield Whitson, George had other sons who came with him and Mary from North Carolina - Jonah, John S., and Samuel. I have also traced them so that I may possibly find a "link" that shows each of them as the son of George and also that they are each the brother of Aquilla.
So far, I have not been able to confirm the link between George and Aquilla. I have researched also George W., the son of Aquilla. There has been nothing so far that has to do with Aquilla and his probable father, George.
I have sent for the death certificate for Jonah Moore, with the hopes that the informant will know the parents' names. All of the others died before 1880 (when there was a fire that destroyed wills, etc.). (I already have the obit for Aquilla, and his will as well.)
This is where I am at this point. Do you have any suggestions for where to go from here? I have also already researched in North Carolina, and have found nothing there to link George and Aquilla.
Thank you! Maggie
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
mandp523 6 Nov 2012 5:05PM GMT 
preccat2005 4 Dec 2012 12:09AM GMT 
mandp523 4 Dec 2012 2:51PM GMT 
NolaMrtn1 12 Jan 2014 2:46AM GMT 
mandp523 14 Jan 2014 3:09PM GMT 
Gloria Carter 18 Jan 2014 6:20PM GMT 
mandp523 18 Jan 2014 6:24PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions