Search for content in message boards

John McNamara & wife Mary 'Frannie' Fitzmaurice - 1910 Miami Co IN census

Replies: 0

John McNamara & wife Mary 'Frannie' Fitzmaurice - 1910 Miami Co IN census

Posted: 9 Feb 2013 4:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McNAMARA, FITZMAURICE
Seeking information on John McNamara (b. Jan 1870 KY) and wife, Bridget A. McNamara (b. Jun 1872 OH), shown on 1900 US Federal Census, Covington, Kenton Co KY, with children:
1. Stella E. McNamara age 9
2. John P. McNamara, age 6
3. Margaret McNamara, age 4
4. Lelian A. McNamara, age 1

This 1900 census shows that John and Bridget married in 1891, but I have been unable to find their marriage record online. I do not know her maiden name.

Bridget apparently died between 1910 and 1909.

I believe I located this John McNamara in 1910 living in Peru, Miami Co IN. He had remarried to Mary 'Fannie' Fitzmaurice on 25 Nov 1909 in Miami Co IN. The 1910 census shows this was his second marriage and Mary's first. John's occupation is listed as Asst Sup/Insurance.

I believe I located this John McNamara and wife Mary in 1920 living in Wilkes-Barre, Luzerne Co PA. John's occupation is salesman/wholesale tea.

I have been unable to locate him on a 1930 census.

My research question is:
What happened to the four children he had with first wife Bridget? They are not in household with him and second wife Mary in 1910. I am especially interested in his son, John P. McNamara b. Nov 1894 -- who MAY be my grandfather!!

My grandfather, John McNamara, said he was orphaned when a young boy -- and when I was born in 1938, asked my mother to name me 'Bridget'. He was raised by 'Aunt Laura and Uncle Will' in Preble Co OH. I noticed that Bridget was born in OH and maybe the couple who raised my grandfather was related to her. I do not have their surname!!

I do not have an exact date of birth for my grandfather - he said he was born in KY. Various documents collected over his life show birth years ranging from 1876 to 1889. This may not be his family at all, but I am asking for any information on John & Bridget's children, particularly the son John.

Thank you.
Barbara Jean McNamara

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions