Search for content in message boards

CALDWELL-crawfordsvile

Replies: 2

CALDWELL-crawfordsvile

Kim (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jun 2002 11:32AM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking to find descendents of Amel (possibly Arnel) "Ike"
Caldwell...they pronounced thier last name "CO-ELL" from what I understand.

My great grandmother Della Miller Whitis Caldwell and her husband Amel "Ike" Caldwell had children named Frank, Agnes Mae, Marjorie, Ralph Milford, Junior, Harvey Monroe... My great Grandmother Della had 2 children from a previous marriage to Romeo Whitis and thier names were Lee Whitis (my grandfather) and Ola Whitis

I'm hoping to find one of the descendants of Della's "Caldwell children" so I can find information about Della. We've been told she was 1/2 indian and I would like to find out if their is any solid proof of this for one thing....

If anyone can help out I'd really appreciate it. I know my grandfather Lee Whitis and his 1/2 siblings attended Crawfordsville High School in the 30's and 40's but I don't know if the Caldwell's stayed in the area or moved on. I think Amel Caldwell Junior lived in Utah later in his life. I do know that Amel (Arnel) Ike Caldwell is buried in the Masonic cemetary...I know that Marjorie Caldwell worked in some hardware store in crawfordsville way back when...if any of this sounds familiar feel free to contact me. Thanks!!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Kim 10 Jun 2002 5:32PM GMT 
wjack11 1 Oct 2012 5:56PM GMT 
wjack11 7 Oct 2012 4:49PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions