Replies: 3

Re: Probate of John LEE

Posted: 6 Mar 2013 1:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Mar 2013 4:04PM GMT
Surnames: Cutsinger, Lee, Roberts
Delilah & John Lee B: 1765 of Orange, IN D: 1846 Orange, IN

Hello Lee family researcher,

It appears that there are many families trees with John Lee of Orange county Indiana. A probate record exists showing that his wife is Delilah and there is a daughter with the name Delilah. I am doing research on this line and need help identifying any information on the mother (spouse of John Lee) Delilah. A son of JOhn & Delilah named Clement Lee b 31 Jan 1799 in Orange Co, IN is my ggg grandfather. Some family trees have William Lee of Cumberland county KY/VA or Northumberland, , VA, USA b 11/15/1765 D: 1825 in Pikeville, Bledsoe, TN as the father of John Lee but the birth date of John Lee is 1764. This is the problem that I am trying to correct so that we have the right dates and perhaps the right person. Some have a Delilah married to a Thomas Lee but this Delilah is not the same person. I don't wish to offend anyone I am just trying to keep from perpetuating errors and save us all from extra work. If anyone has documentation of that will shed light on this family that will help. even if the information helps to document errors that is a place to start. Is there a person in Paoli, IN that can check for a Delilah Lee in any cemetery? Could someone tell me if there are archived newspapers that could identify when Delilah died?

I am seeking to locate all documenting sources so that we don't perpetuate any unintended errors. Do we have any takers?

Thank you,
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
lmleach 15 May 2000 12:00PM GMT 
BScottWilliam... 8 Jul 2008 3:30AM GMT 
BScottWilliam... 6 Mar 2013 8:00PM GMT 
TLEdwards 19 Jul 2013 10:01AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic