Search for content in message boards

Elvira WARWICK nee KESSEL d. 10 Jul 1980 Seeking Research Help from Descendants

Replies: 0

Elvira WARWICK nee KESSEL d. 10 Jul 1980 Seeking Research Help from Descendants

Posted: 22 May 2013 2:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 May 2013 2:34PM GMT
Surnames: WARWICK, KESSEL, LEYES, VALENDICK, SKERRITT
I'm hoping to make contact with descendants of Frederick W. WARWICK (d. 2007 MD) & his wife Elvira J. nee KESSEL.

Elvira & Frederick's son Willard James d. 16 Jun 2002 in Ossian but in 1999 when his wife, Conception nee unknown died, Willard was living in Union City so I'm hoping there might be some family still in the Union City area.

I'm looking primarily for help with my research into the KESSEL family, especially Elivra's sister Aurora.

Elvira died in Chalfonte, DE at the home of another of her sons, Fredrick W. WARWICK, Jr. on 10 Jul 1980.

She was pre-deceased by her husband Frederick WARWICK, Sr. who died in 1935 in Portland, ME & her sons John Robert who died 23 Aug 1941 in Montgomery, WV and Howard Arthur who died 14 May 1944 Charleston, WV.

Elvira's sister, Aurora is whom I'm primarily interested in.

I'm hoping that Elvira's descendants might know something about Aurora. I'm interested in picking-up clues, info & photos, too, if any exist that were handed down; on Aurora or the KESSEL family in general.

Aurora was the first wife of Harry Wilson SKERRITT, my ancestor.

Aurora & Harry divorced but did have one son, Francis, a lifelong bachelor, who was raised by Harry & his 2nd wife. Francis d. 1985, Ulster Co, NY.

Aurora remarried at some point on Staten Island, NY to John Henry VALENDICK but had no more children.

Aurora and her sister Elvira WARWICK nee KESSEL were the daughters of Frederick Louis KESSEL & Johanna LEYES. Elvira was b. 11 Jul 1897 Manhattan, NYC.

From Elvira WARWICK nee KESSEL's obit I have the following:

d. 10 Jul 1980 aged 82; lived 2351 Dorval Road, Chalfonte, Wilmington, DE

Husband Fredrick W. Sr. died in 1935.

They had 3 sons named in the obit, 2 are now deceased so I'll name those; the 3rd I think may still be living:

Frederick W. Jr. whose home is where Elvira lived, Willard James then living in Union City, Indiana, and a 3rd son then living in South Charleston, West Virginia.

Frederick W. Jr. d. 14 Apr 2007 Baltimore, MD
Willard James d. 16 Jun 2002 Ossian, ID

There were 2 other sons not mentioned in the obit who died in the 1940's:

John Robert d. 23 Aug 1941 Montgomery, Fayette County, West Virginia

Howard A. d. 14 May 1944 Charleston, Kanawha County, West Virginia

I don't know who Frederick W. WARWICK's parents were. He was b. Mar 1878 & reported on his US Army enlistment that he was b. Londonderry, Nova Scotia, Canada.

He died 06 Nov 1935 at Ft. McKinley US Army Post in Portsmouth, Maine & was buried there in the post cemetery.

When the Army turned the facility over to the Navy in 1952, Frederick was removed from the Ft. McKinley post cemetery and reinterred in the Long Island National Cemetery, Long Island, NY.

I would like to get in contact with living descendants of Frederick & Elvira for the primary purpose of learning what they may know about Elvira's sister Aurora but I would also like to learn Frederick's parents' names, how he met Elvira & where/when he married Elvira.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions