Would like to correspond with anyone who has information concerning John Zachariah ESTER, born June 24, 1824, died November 28, 1891 (maybe in South Dakota) and Elizabeth HOOVER, born February 7, 1826, died December 12, 1913. They were married in Ripley County, Indiana either June 3 or 6, 1850.
Family history has it that Zachariah ESTER came to the United States from Luxembourg. His name may have been ASTER.
Children of Zachariah and Elizabeth:
1. Susan ESTER married Fred HALLIDAY 1869.
2. Sophia ESTER married Alfred HANCOCK September 1872.
3. Christine ESTER married Thomas WILLIAM(S?) July 3, 1870.
4. Henry ESTER married Ruhamy HENDRICKS.
5. Elizabeth ESTER married Mahlen HENDRICKS.
6. Mary ESTER married John SHULIA June 21, 1886.
7. George Wolfgang ESTER, born August 18, 1856 Ripley County(?), Indiana, married Frances Sophia ANDERSON September 22, 1894 in Platte, South Dakota.
8. Charles ESTER.
It's possible that Zachariah moved to South Dakota sometime in the late 1800s. Is there anyone that could check Ripley County land records for any transactions by him?
Any information on any members of this family would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
G. Hunter Ferrell