Search for content in message boards

Yount/Craig photos found at Scottsburg Antique Mall

Replies: 2

Yount/Craig photos found at Scottsburg Antique Mall

Posted: 9 May 2012 11:19AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Craig, Yount
On Easter Sunday, Uncle Jim told me that someone at Hancock's had asked him if he was related to the Yount's. Uncle Jim said yes, his great-grandmother was a Yount. The person told him that there was a photo album at the antique mall with Craig's and Yount's in it. Uncle Jim went up and talked to the lady, she collected antique photo albums and did not want to sell it, but she showed it to him. In it was the obitutary for Rachel Yount Craig, his great-grandmother along with many pictures, some marked and some not marked. He asked me to go and look at it. Scott and I took my genealogy book up there the next day, I was able to identify many of the pictures, Scott tried to buy it from her with no luck, but she was kind enough to let me take it and scan the pictures. I took it back to her the next day with a gift card to thank her. After a couple of weeks she decided that she would sell it to him. The photos are tin types, which dates it to the 1800's. They include my gggrandparents Rachel Yount and Henry Edward Craig as well as some of her sibilings and her parents Jonathan Yount and Amanda Dickey Yount.
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
howserc82 9 May 2012 5:19PM GMT 
howserc82 9 May 2012 5:24PM GMT 
VIOLETS3 9 May 2012 10:22PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions