Search for content in message boards

Williams Family

Replies: 3

Williams Family

Posted: 30 Jan 2013 2:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Williams, LaMaster, Entemen, Alstott, Sommerville, Kimberlin
This line is very complicated, and I am still piecing it together. This is what I believe to be true based on family memory and info. sent to me by others:

My great-grandmother was Rosa Jane Williams. Her parents were Joseph A.Williams (born Feb. 1871) and **Mary Jane Williams (b. June 19, 1874) Williams was Mary Jane's maiden name as well as her married name. They had three children: Thomas (who died overseas during WWI) Rosa Jane (who married Lewis Cass Lamaster) and Mary Elizabeth "Molly" (who married Henry Entemen). Thomas, Rosa and Molly lived with their mother's brother, Samuel Williams and his wife Lavisa LaMaster (Lavisa "Vise" was the sister of Lewis Cass LaMaster who married Rosa Jane Williams)

Joseph A. Williams was the son of Francis M. Williams (b. 1842 in Scott Co., married Oct. 18, 1861 in Clark Co.) Francis married Sarah Jane Alstott (b. 1841). Francis and Sarah had the following children: John Lawrence Williams (born 1866, md. Florence Eliza Sommerville), Joseph A. Williams (md. Mary Jane Williams then Effie Wood), William Williams, Bertha Williams and Frannie Williams.

Francis M. Williams was the s/o Hezekiah Williams (b. abt. 1823 in Scott Co, md. Jan. 2, 1842 in Scott Co.) Hezekiah md. Mary Ann Harris (b. 1821 in Pulaski Co., KY). They had the following children: Hezekiah Jr., George W., Francis M., Sarah J., John L., and Martha.

Hezekiah was the s/o John Williams (b. 1788 in Virginia, md. Dec. 28, 1809 in Clark Co., IN). John married Susan Kimberlin (d/o John Kimberlin and Ruth Jones). They had the following children: Lavina (b. 1812, Clark Co., md. Stephen Johnson), Sarah (b. 1815, Scott Co., md. Charles Whitlatch), Reece (b. 1817, Scott Co., md. Sarah Smith), Nancy (b. 1819, Scott Co., md. Nathan Camper), Samuel (b. 1822, md. Nancy Kimberlin), Hezekiah, Mary (b. 1824, Scott Co., md. Henry Fulkerson), George W. (b. 1830, Scott Co., md. Catherine Robbins) and Priscilla (b. 1833, Scott Co.)

**Mary Jane Williams (b. 1874, md. Joseph A. Williams) was the d/o James A. Williams (d.1877, buried Bridgewater Cemetery, Scott Co.) and Mary Elizabeth Smith (b. 1842 in Ohio, died May 1, 1912 in Scott Co., she married 2nd George W. Williams s/o above mentioned Hezekiah Williams). James A. Williams and Mary Elizabeth Smith had the following children: Sameul E. (b. 1872, md Lavisa LaMaster), Mary Jane (b. 1874, md. Joseph A. Williams), James (b. 1874, md Ida McQuillen), Martha Birdella (b. 1877, md. Jesse Collman). Mary Elizabeth Smith Williams had the following children with George W.: Magnolia, b. 1862, Margaret Ellen, b. 1865 and William b. 1870. James A. Williams and George W. Williams are buried side-by-side at the Bridgewater Cemetery in Scott Co., Indiana.

Would love to know who James A. Williams parents were, I have not been able to tie him to the other Williams mentioned. Any additions or corrections would be appreciated!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
howserc82 30 Jan 2013 9:46PM GMT 
VIOLETS3 31 Jan 2013 3:34AM GMT 
howserc82 31 Jan 2013 4:28PM GMT 
jw62002 4 May 2013 9:20PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions