Search for content in message boards

Larkin Family

Replies: 21

Re: LUCKADOO/LOOKADOO/LUCADO

Posted: 27 Oct 2012 12:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Luckadoo/Luckydoo/Luckeydoo/Lookadoo, etc.
Wiley Luckadoo was my great-uncle. His brother Patton Luckadoo was my papaw. Uncle Wiley was married to aunt Ethel (maiden name unknown to me), after she passed away, he later remarried but I can't recall her name, only what she looked like as I was only 11 years old when I met her in 1984 (when papaw passed away). Patton married my mamaw Minnie Lee Lasley (Luckadoo)in 1931(?) They had 7 children, Lela Mitzi Luckadoo, Billy Earl Luckadoo, David Harold Luckadoo, Helen Lucille Luckadoo (Hindenlang), Betty Rae Luckadoo (Sparks), Bobby Wayne Luckadoo (my father), and Nancy Lee Luckadoo who was married to Ken Dunn and she later married Steven MacArthur. I know that Papaw and uncle Wiley had other siblings. Unfortunately, I can't remember all of their names. I do remember their sister,Edna (we called her Aunt Ednie), they had a brother named Rosco/Roscoe Luckadoo, a brother Shelby, I believe Cornie/Corny Luckadoo was their sister as well. I also remember Mossie and Flossie Luckadoo. Patton and Wiley Luckadoo's parents were Robert and "Maggie" Luckadoo. I do believe that John Luckadoo was my great-grandpa Robert Luckadoo's father. I have some photos of my papaw (Patton), his parents, Robert and "Maggie", one of Patton, Wiley and Rosco. All of the photos are old black and white photos but they are of good quality. I have been told that Maggie was full blooded cherokee indian and she was disowned for marrying Robert. I am not certain how factual that is though. If anyone recognizes any of these names, or has any information that could help me trace my Luckadoo family back further, it would be greatly appreciated. I've been trying to find information on the ancestry off and on for years. I get frustrated when I can't find anything or run into so many dead ends because of the many variances to the spelling of the name. My mamaw (Minnie) passed away in February of this year (2012). Oh, also, Patton worked in the coal mines from 1921 (he was 8 years old) until 1956 or 1957 when he moved to Fort Wayne, Indiana. Hopefully this post helps not only me, but others as well. I really would like to know more of my relatives and share stories that we have as well as finding out more about my ancestry (as I've stated above). Thank you to all that take the time to read this and hopefully respond. Please feel free to email me: ciscoswifey@live.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
CarolynGriffi... 3 Jan 2002 12:02AM GMT 
auntshirley2u 12 Oct 2002 3:42PM GMT 
Rita Lucado Beeman 24 Aug 2004 2:22AM GMT 
Julie_Luckado... 27 Oct 2012 6:32PM GMT 
CHARLES E LUCKADOO 5 Jan 2002 1:50PM GMT 
Jaime Walden 8 Mar 2002 5:43PM GMT 
clgriffiny 5 May 2002 6:01PM GMT 
Jaime Walden 8 Mar 2002 5:40PM GMT 
clgriffiny 5 May 2002 8:52PM GMT 
Msluckadoo 21 Oct 2003 5:00PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions